ABOUT GRINNELL COLLEGE
Grinnell College is a private liberal arts college located in Grinnell, Iowa and is ranked #11 on the U.S. News and World Report’s list of Best National Liberal Arts Colleges.
Grinnell College is a top ranked Liberal Arts institution that values diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, intellectual freedom, and social responsibility. We seek candidates that align with these values and have the ability and desire to advance our values and belonging within our community and the communities we engage. Ideal candidates will be prepared to collaborate and contribute to the mission and values of the college across all constituencies.
The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) at Grinnell College is in search of a specialist in our Staff Equity department. This role will assist in the execution of staff equity’s five-year plan by managing the ODEI Staff Equity database, the Grinnell College Competency-Based Hiring Process, conducting the full life cycle of the recruitment process and various programming that contribute to staff equity. Additionally, this role will facilitate training related to staff equity initiatives, meet with hiring managers to establish strategies to meet their staffing needs. Lastly, they will work with employee resource groups to help develop and implement their annual strategies and programming.
- Program Management – lead and maintain programs and relationships which encourage diversity in hiring, including diversity recruiting competence within our hiring managers and recruitment committees.
- Training – Educate employees about diversity issues and how to build an inclusive workplace, working closely with Asst Chief Diversity Officer and Chief Diversity Officer. Train Equity Advocates and lead Equity Advocate program for staff.
- Reports – Evaluate the diversity of the staff and provide reports with recommendations to ensure goals are met. Maintain ODEI database, input data captured from Equity Audits, candidate pool demographics, staff demographics, sourcing tool metrics, time to fill, etc., into Microsoft Excel. Create pivot tables to organize, structure data, and provide reports.
- Partnerships – Build and maintain a network of partnerships with community organizations, colleges, and corporations to assist with building and maintaining diverse candidate pipelines and remain abreast of best practices within the field.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university Five years or more of work experience Commensurate years of experience (4 years’ experience will replace a Bachelor’s Degree), for a total of nine years’ experience without a bachelor’s degree Champion of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Ability to work on a team both inter-departmentally and outside the department Can effectively communicate with individuals about topics around DEI and Hiring Willingness to adapt to needs and manage conflict through discussion and openness Ability to execute training and events with ease and collaboration
- Experience executing the full life cycle of the hiring process
- Experience with behavioral interviewing processes