Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs and Student Success
Lorain County Community College (Elyria, Ohio)
Lorain County Community College (LCCC) invites well-qualified candidates to apply for the position of Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs and Student Success (Provost/VP) for this nationally recognized institution of higher learning. LCCC seeks a higher education leader who is unapologetically passionate about academic excellence and student success. LCCC’s next Provost/VP should have a proven track record as a visionary leader who has successfully turned strategy into quantifiable improved student success outcomes, especially for marginalized populations. The successful candidate will have experience inspiring others and building consensus across broad stakeholder groups (both internal and external) to achieve bold visions, a record of strategic and operational leadership, and the integrity and compassion to exemplify the mission, vision and values of Lorain County Community College. The Provost/VP provides leadership, strategic direction and steadfast support for all aspects of the college’s academic and student success priorities; serves as the chief academic officer; and has broad responsibilities for the identification, planning, development and administration of the college’s academic programs and student success initiatives. The Provost/VP ensures the academic integrity of the college and supports innovations in programs and methods of delivery that respond in a timely manner to a rapidly changing environment.
Please provide your vision for how the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs and Student Success leads Lorain County Community College faculty and staff in developing high quality educational programs that prepare students for academic and career success, close achievement gaps, and increase educational attainment and economic mobility for people in every Lorain County community.
Successful candidates will possess:
- A doctorate degree from a regionally accredited institution (required).
- Minimum 10 years of progressive administrative experience in higher education (required), community college leadership preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing the unique mission of community colleges.
- Preferred higher education teaching experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading academic and student success strategies and transformations that improve student outcomes and close achievement gaps.
- Demonstrated experience with higher education funding models including performance-based funding as well as other emerging issues and trends in higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster an environment of inclusion, openness and trust, continuous improvement, strategic planning and innovation.
- Demonstrated commitment to shared governance and collaboration as well as consultative and transparent decision-making.
Applicant materials should be submitted by December 1, 2023 to ensure full consideration as the screening committee will commence its review of candidates. The position will remain open until filled.
Applicant materials shall consist of the following:
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Professional Statement
- Name and contact information of three professional references
- Unofficial transcripts
For more information, please visit Search Profile - LCCC - Provost Search (lorainccc.edu) to view the search profile.