The Norfolk State University School of Business seeks candidates for a tenure-track position in Management at the Assistant Professor level starting Fall (August 24).
The School of Business has maintained Business accreditations from AACSB International since 1990, and offers three degrees: Bachelor of Science in Accountancy; Bachelor of Science in Business with concentrations in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Financial Services, Management, Management Information Systems, and Marketing; and Bachelor of Science in Tourism and Hospitality Management.
The faculty member will be responsible for:
1. Teaching a range of courses and conducting research in Management.
2. Providing service at the departmental, school, university, and community levels.
3. Supporting the school's commitment to maintain the AACSB International accreditation.
1. An earned doctorate in management or in business administration from an AACSB accredited institution with considerable research and teaching experience in management. A candidate who is ABD and within two years of defending his/her dissertation may be considered.
2. Be able to teach a business field in addition to management.
3. An applicant who received his/her Ph.D. degree five years ago or earlier should have at least two refereed journal articles and three other intellectual contributions in the most recent five years.
4. Excellent written and oral communications skills.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills, personal integrity, and a demonstrated commitment to diversity.