University of Idaho
College of Natural Resources
$18.32 per hour or higher depending on
Responsible for providing basic transactional support for daily
financial operations such as routine purchases, submitting receipts
and invoices for payment, processing travel expenses and
reconciling purchasing cards following policies and procedures
under the supervision of more senior financial staff. The position
may handle cash.
Duties may include:
- Purchasing identified goods and services
- Submitting invoices and receipts for payment
- Accepting and recording payments
- Reconciling purchasing card statements
- Processing travel claims and reimbursements
- Tracking transactions through completion in the central
- Filing and maintaining unit-level finance documents
- Originating personnel actions in the central financial
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Using computer software and applications for word processing
and data organization.
- Two years related work experience in bookkeeping,
administrative support or office management.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business
Administration or other relevant degrees
- Interpreting, applying, and explaining policies and
- Researching and compiling financial information and preparing
summaries and reports in a spreadsheet application.
- Using computers to enter, retrieve and edit financial
- Working independently and as part of a team.
- Editing and writing business correspondence using proper
grammar and punctuation as demonstrated in application
- Working in a customer service environment.
- Using computer software and applications for word processing,
email, internet searches, and data organization.
- Working with financial operating systems such as BANNER, Argos
or other systems to enter, retrieve and edit financial data
- Working in a higher education, public or governmental
- Interpreting, applying and explaining policies and procedures /
rules and regulations
- Balancing and coordinating a workload for multiple
- Standard accounting principles and budgeting procedures
- MS Office Suite or other similar office management software
including intermediate to high-level user of MS Excel (pivot
tables, macros, etc.)
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Proactive, strategic and detail-oriented approaches with a
strong commitment to quality, efficiency and effectiveness
Open Until Filled:
This position is open until filled. Priority will be given to
applicants who have submitted their materials by 11/7/2023.
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative