Note: The application link for this position had previously incorrectly directed potential applicants to a site that noted "This position has been filled." This position remains open and the application link is now corrected.
Purdue University Fort Wayne (a campus within the Purdue University System) invites applications for an Instructional Designer and Consultant to serve in the Center for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching (CELT). This full-time position works in partnership with faculty, academic departments, and administrators to promote effective teaching strategies and improve student learning outcomes in face-to-face, hybrid, online, and community learning environments. Primary responsibilities include:
- Consulting one on one with faculty to design courses, learning activities, assessments, etc.
- Delivering workshops to small to medium-sized groups of faculty on topics ranging from: Pedagogically sound uses of Educational Technologies, to Backwards Course Design, to student motivation and classroom management, to High Impact Practices including Community-Based Learning, etc.
- Leading cohorts of 4-5 faculty through semester long workshops and one on one consultations to significantly redesign courses to transition to online, to incorporate gamification, to build in service-learning projects, and/or other goals aligned with the successful candidate’s expertise.
- Master’s degree or higher in Instructional Design Technologies; Instructional System Technologies; Learning, Design, and Technologies; Curriculum & Instruction; Educational Psychology, or related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in consulting with college faculty or teaching at the college level.
- Experience in consulting with faculty about teaching strategies, course design and development, and assessment.
- Fluency with one or more course management systems, such as Brightspace, Blackboard, Canvas, or others.
CELT is a well-respected and growing Center, both on the Purdue Fort Wayne campus and in the Purdue System. We support course and activity design needs and pedagogical uses of educational technologies in courses of all modalities. We are a faculty teaching development center, providing development opportunities for faculty across their careers. To offer comprehensive programming, we work closely with deans, chairs, faculty advisory committees, Information Technology, Purdue System offices, and other offices.
Purdue University Fort Wayne (PFW) is part of the Purdue University system and is the largest university in northeast Indiana, offering 25 graduate and over 100 prestigious Purdue University undergraduate degrees and certificates. Students of diverse ages, races and nationalities belong to the PFW family. The 594‐acre campus in Fort Wayne is home to over 7,000 degree‐seeking undergraduate and graduate students. PFW is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Learn more about Purdue University Fort Wayne at https://www.pfw.edu, and more about CELT at https://pfw.edu/celt.
For highest consideration, submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and 3 or more professional references by November 27, 2023 at https://careers.purdue.edu/job-invite/28947/. This position will remain open until filled. Questions about the position may be directed to Adam Dircksen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position. A background check and misconduct screen will be required for employment in this position. Insurance begins on the first day of employment. Generous time off and additional PTO is given in December. Fee remission for a Purdue degree is provided for employees, spouses, and children. This position is exempt and offers a defined contribution waiting period for the retirement benefit.
Purdue Fort Wayne is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.