Research Advancement Administrator
Arizona State University
School of Math & Stat Sciences
The primary role of the Research Advancement Administrator (RAA) is to provide pre-award support for the School of Mathematical & Statistical Sciences (SoMSS) within the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (The College). The RAA will provide direct support to principal investigators in the area of proposal preparation and submission. Research Advancement staff also serve as liaisons across campus between colleges, schools, departments, and research investigators in their interactions with the Office of Research and Sponsored Project Administration (ORSPA). This role will report to the research advancement team in The College. This position is perfect for career growth in research enterprise. ASU offers flexible work arrangements which will be made available after the initial training period. Remote options may be considered for qualified candidates with experience in ASU systems.
$55,000 - $66,000 per year, DOE
- Provide pre-award research administration support for the SoMSS.
- Review funding announcements and provide guidance on eligibility and sponsor requirements.
- Act as the administrative resource to principal investigators, providing assistance and guidance during development, pre-submission administrative review, management, authorization and transmittal of grant and contract proposals to federal, state, and private funding agencies to verify and ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable regulatory and financial compliance requirements imposed.
- Prepare sponsor budgets and budget justification requests, and assists in the completion of sponsor required forms and documents, and review for compliance.
- Completing and routing all internal forms using information provided by PI/Unit, submitting applications to ORSPA for review, signature, and transmittal to sponsor.
- In coordination with ORSPA, provides assistance and support securing additional information during negotiations as necessary; reads award documents to determine restrictions and other pertinent information.
- Guidance and assistance in administrative post award management.
- Resource to research investigators and business staff on sponsor policies and regulations regarding the administration of award funds; monitor compliance issues and assist in resolution.
- Maintain all applicable project records and files for reconciliation.
- Actual job responsibilities may vary depending upon assignment.
Bachelor's degree in a related field. Three years of experience in a field appropriate to the area/unit of assignment OR Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skill and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of effective communication, attention to detail, strong organization and time management
- Experience in pre-award research administration (3 years)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of sponsor programs
- Experience with federal and state regulation
- Experience in pre and post award management in higher education
- Evidence of CRA or other qualified research certification
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting. Visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of desktop computer; bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties.
- Ability to work both independently or within a complex structured team.
- Works from general instructions on standard job duties and specific directions/ instructions on new assignments. Exercises judgment within defined procedures & practices to determine appropriate action.
The School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences (SoMSS) at ASU is currently home to about 60 tenured or tenure-track faculty members, 60 instructional faculty, 5 postdoctoral associates, 190 graduate students, 750 undergraduate student majors, and 20 staff members. The School teaches courses to over 20,000 undergraduate students each academic year. SoMSS recently started a new undergraduate degree program in data science. The School also offers bachelors, masters, and doctoral programs in applied mathematics, mathematics, statistics, and mathematics education, as well as undergraduate and masters programs in actuarial science. SoMSS has a strong interdisciplinary research profile that includes numerous collaborations inside and outside the university, such as in the biological, environmental, medical, physical and social sciences, education, and multiple areas of engineering. More details can be found at math.asu.edu.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To view full description or to apply please click this link: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=4839644_5494