Position Title: Application Analyst, Vice President
Administration and Treasurer Area
Department: Information Technology Services
Advertised Pay: Upper $60,000's
Campus Location: Washburn University
The screening committee will review eligible applications
submitted and schedule interviews until the position is
Position Summary: The Application Analyst is responsible for
providing operational support for University business applications
and to the users of those applications. This includes development,
testing, troubleshooting, and ongoing support of the chosen
software system (currently Ellucian Banner) and related/partner
applications as well as the creation and support of various
business process solutions, operational reports, and system
integrations. This position works closely with both ITS and
functional areas to identify, analyze, and meet the business needs
of the University using available technologies.
The Application Analyst is responsible for and assigned to
primarily support one of the following areas:
• Vice President of Administration and Treasurer (shared
responsibility for Human Resources, Payroll, Purchasing, Budget,
and Finance) functions in the appropriate software
• Admissions Office in its use of Admissions and Enrollment
Management software modules
• Financial Aid Office in its use of Financial Aid software
• Registrar Office and the Student software module and the areas of
campus that use it
This position has the opportunity to work a hybrid schedule of
on-campus and remote (as long as the incumbent resides within the
state of Kansas) after the initial training period based on the
needs of the department.
• Interact with functional users via telephone, email, and meetings
to provide end-user support for the administrative information
• Examine job functions and analyze the security needs of
individuals authorized by area heads to access the administrative
information software. Recommend the appropriate security classes to
the appropriate staff.
• Communicating with other Application Analysts, and analyzing the
impact of assigned modules on other areas of the administrative
information system software to make configuration decisions
providing for non-problematic integration of modules.
• Monitor patches and upgrades of the administrative information
systems software and other integrated software, informing areas of
needed patches/upgrades to keep the modules current and
• Analyze data integrity issues and determine appropriate steps to
clean up data to maintain the integrity of the system.
• Develop scenarios in test mode to replicate problems/errors and
design possible solutions through the testing of
• Test/troubleshoot software integrated with the administrative
information systems software.
• Collaborate with Systems Administrator staff, the Database
Administrator and/or vendors to install, update and configure
partner applications and integrations to ensure software meets the
needs of the functional areas.
• Collaborate with appropriate staff to make necessary changes to
the production database after appropriate testing and sign-off from
the appropriate area head.
• Document application services processes to establish and modify
backup procedures for use by other Application Analysts.
• Consult listservs, release guides and vendor online support, and
communicate with other educational institutions to identify and
research solutions to problems in administrative information
• Research features of future versions of administrative
information systems software to assess their impact on
functionality, including self-service, to plan for future
implementation. Provide high-level summaries of new features to the
supervisor for making decisions about future projects.
• Develop specifications for queries/reports and write
corresponding SQL scripts to generate queries/reports/extracts.
Check the output for reasonableness.
• Document query/report criteria and reflect report criteria with
the report through meaningful titles and column headings or other
annotations where necessary.
• Collaborate with other Application Analysts and Strategic
Analysis, Research and Reporting (SARR) to standardize data
definitions and minimize duplication of code.
• Analyze the needs of functional users, and develop and document
applications/solutions to meet these needs.
• Together with ITS staff, create testing scenarios for the
applications being implemented.
• Test to see if applications/solutions meet the required
• Collaborate with other Application Analysts to develop reference
materials for the application services software.
• Inform staff on the technical usage of modules in the
administrative information systems software.
• Provide backup training for other Application Analysts on the
general navigation of administrative information systems
• Provide backup for other Application Analysts and the
department’s supervisor tasks.
• Serve as an Information Technology Services representative on
project teams as assigned.
• Document issues and known solutions using ticket-tracking
• In addition, the application analyst may be assigned the
responsibility to support one or more of the following tools,
dependent on the specific area of focus or required tool:
Dynamic Forms, Imaging, Argos reporting, FormFusion, IntelleCheck,
Experience, and other systems yet to be adopted for Travel and
• Performs additional job-related duties as assigned or as
• A post-secondary degree in Computer Information Systems or
Computer Science OR two years of experience based on a combination
of relevant post-secondary education and closely related
information technology work experience.
• One year of experience creating SQL database queries using TOAD,
Access, SQL Developer, Brio/Hyperion or any similar query
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication
• Prove effective problem-solving and analytical skills.
Experience with any of the following:
Travel and expense management systems
Integrated database information systems
Student Information Systems (SIS) and/or financial aid
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
Finance, Budgeting, and/or Human Resource systems
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) systems
Institutional research and/or operational reporting
Operational data store and/or data warehouses
Workflow, automation, electronic forms, scanning/imaging
Ellucian Higher Education (Banner) software
Ellucian CRM Recruit
Ellucian Degree Works
Evisions MAPS (Argos, FormFusion, IntelleCheck) software
Full time Exempt Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
Background Check Required