Part- Time Custodian
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position performs custodial maintenance for University
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Cleans University buildings to ensure that facilities are in
suitable condition for activities. Duties include (but are not
limited to) mopping and waxing floors, washing windows, dusting,
and trash disposal.
- Maintains equipment and supplies in order to complete
- May assist in building inspections to determine if custodial
care is needed.
- May assist in arranging tables and chairs for special
- Ability to understand verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to operate vacuums and other related equipment.
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety
- Ability to understand written and verbal communications.
High school diploma or equivalent
Job Open Date:
This posting will remain open until closed:
Job Close Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once
interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at
Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just
take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the
best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report
recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South
for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public
institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer
committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage
applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans,
and individuals with disabilities.
Position Profile Link
Optional Documents Posting Specific Questions
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).