Welcome to Career Opportunities at Lindenwood University.
PLEASE READ: For all applications, please include your resume
and cover letter. You may skip the “Quick Apply” page
by simply clicking “Next” at the bottom of the page. When
you arrive at the “Experience” page, you may upload all
desired documents using the upload box labeled “Resume/CV.”
This is the appropriate box to upload all documents.
Benefits of Being a Lindenwood Employee:
JOB TITLE SUMMARY
- Upon hire, employer-paid tuition benefits for bachelor’s
(employee, spouse, and dependent) and master’s degree programs
(employee and spouse only).
- Tuition discounts for doctoral programs (employee only).
- Comprehensive benefits plan: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, disability insurance, and retirement options.
- Paid holidays: MLK Jr. day, Good Friday, Memorial Day,
Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving break
(Wednesday – Friday), and winter break (Dec. 23 – Jan. 1).
- Free lunch Fridays: LU employees are eligible for a free meal
on Fridays at the Evans Commons Dining Hall or Spellman Dining
Hall; Chick-fil-A and Qdoba included.
- Professional development opportunities through the Lindenwood Learning Academy .
Director, Student Financial Services
AVP, Student Financial Services
Operations Coordinator, Operations
Specialist, Senior Operations Specialist, Manager/AD of Student
Financial Services Operations.
The director, student financial services operations is accountable
for the technical support and financial processes to ensure
compliance with federal, state, and institutional policies.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Indicators
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation
of the types of duties and level of responsibilities that will be
required of positions given this title and shall not be construed
as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically
presented in this description.
Leadership and Strategic Thinking
- Manages the daily exchange with the Federal Student Aid
Internet Gateway (SAIG), federal Common Origination and
Disbursement (COD), and Anthology.
- Coordinates with Director of Student Financial Services, Global
and Online, to ensure accurate processing of non-term and online
- Verifies processes are running correctly
- Ensure monthly reconciliations of Pell, DL and FWS are
- Manages and runs technical processes which support the
organizations, disbursement and adjustments of federal aid.
- Runs and monitors reports for excepted cash, exceptions
processing, and other processes to ensure any discrepancies are
cleared in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoots software issues and escalates issues to
- Manages yearly maintenance of the financial aid processes
- Participates in recruiting and other enrollment driven
- Participates in public speaking and presentations at high
schools and enrollment events
Employee Management and Development
- Establishes long- and short-term strategic goals based on
assessment data and ensures standards for the department and its
field are met or exceeded
- Adapts and modifies leadership based on new information and/or
data; works to set and unite people on the new direction
- Utilizes effective strategies to build collaboration for
- Aligns division/department purpose and actions with relevant
University initiatives and higher education trends
Job may require other duties as assigned
- Supports the mission of the University and serves as an
ambassador of the Q2 culture of service excellence
- Models, supports, and holds others accountable to the
University’s values – integrity, dedication, excellence,
creativity, and teamwork
- Recruits, interviews, recommends, welcomes, observes, and
monitors performance of department staff
- Sets clear performance expectations and holds employees
- Conducts annual employee evaluations based on evidence,
observation, and feedback
– Required qualifications to
effectively perform the job. An equivalent combination of
education, training and experience will be considered. (Additional
requirements may be designated by position.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities –
- Bachelor’s degree required or 5 years of financial aid
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in financial aid or student
- Experience with student financial services model preferred
May be representative, but
not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities
commonly associated with this position.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from
diverse communities and cultures
- Ability to coordinate with other departments
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate
effectively with staff and students
- Highly organized and able to participate in multiple projects
- Strong professional integrity and ability to maintain strict
- Ability to use good judgment, think critically, and communicate
- General office software, particularly the Microsoft Office
Suite and financial aid proprietary applications (Workday, COD,
- Strong public speaking skills
– Environmental or atmospheric conditions
commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this
Physical Abilities -
- General office conditions
- On-Ground (Non-Standard Flex)
Activities that are commonly associated
with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical
demands described below are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Must be able to work effectively at a computer for up to eight
hours per day
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function
- Must be adequately mobile to attend meetings and events
Lindenwood University is an Equal Opportunity employer. The
University complies with appropriate federal, state, and local laws
and provides equal employment opportunities and access to
educational programs without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
veteran status, disability, or any other protected status to all
qualified applicants and employees. Lindenwood University is
committed to a policy of non-discrimination and dedicated to
providing a positive discrimination-free educational work