Provide instructional assistance to the students, Faculty, and Math
Emporium Coordinator in the LSSC Math Emporiums.
Responsible for demonstrating LSSC's core value of Service
Excellence; respect, competence, responsiveness, and collaboration,
in all interactions.
Position reports to
: Math Emporium Coordinator
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Provide general assistance to students in the Math
- Assist students with MyMathLab software, including, but not
limited to registration, password problems, navigation, submission
of work, and the location of their personal grade book
- Assist students with math course tutoring
- Prepare the Math Emporium for daily use (powering up computers
- Assist with Accutrack, the student tracking system, assuring
that students sign in and out on Accutrack correctly
- Answer telephones in a professional and respectful manner
- Assist students with resolving computer problems, including
contacting the Math Emporium Coordinator and/or IT Math Emporium
- Maintain an attitude and environment conducive to learning
- Work cooperatively with the Math Emporium Coordinator, Faculty,
staff, and students;
- Maintain competence in assigned and related areas
- Maintain cleanliness of the lab
- Refer difficult problems to the Math Emporium Coordinator
- Follow proper end-of-day procedures, including assuring that
computers and monitors are powered down at the end of the day
- Maintain and submit accurate time sheets
- Follow all Math Emporium rules and guidelines
- Attend in-service training workshops
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications & Education
- Exhibit computer proficiency.
- Excellent customer service through the ability to assist
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with
- Ability to demonstrate the four College Service Excellence
Standards of respect, competence, responsiveness and collaboration
when interacting with others.
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated College goals
and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse
population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of
the world, personalities and working styles.
- Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the College’s
standards of ethical conduct.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
Completion of MAC 1105 College Algebra or higher
with a grade of 'B' or higher.
Recommendation from a member of the math