LENGTH OF APPOINTMENT:
Pay scale varies dependent upon level of
Dean, Associate Dean, Department Chairs,
Maintain continued competence in assigned and related areas.
Maintain a good working relationship with students, faculty, staff,
and members of the community. Assist in the college's recruitment
and retention efforts. Assist with college governance by serving
periodically on college committees. Observe college
rules/regulations and state guidelines appropriate to faculty
responsibilities. Teaches wherever and whenever assigned as
determined by instructional needs including branch centers and dual
enrollment courses in district high schools. Responsible for
demonstrating LSSC’s values of Caring, Communicating, Collaborating
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Observe all college rules and regulations, State guidelines and
professional mandates appropriate to teaching faculty.
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff,
students, and community.
- Assist with curriculum review and development whenever
- Ensure a clean and safe workspace.
- Attend all meetings and training sessions as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications & Education
- Meet all scheduled classes for the full period as delineated on
- Teach assigned courses in accordance with catalog course
descriptions and academic specifications
- Furnish each student and the dean's office with a course
syllabus, which follows the prescribed format, including evaluation
procedures, withdrawal procedures, class attendance, and other
policies consistent with college procedures. Syllabus must be
submitted to dean's office prior to or during the first week
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records on all students
- Submit grade reports on or before deadlines according to
- Participate in performance appraisal and instructional
observation processes as specified by Associate VP or VP Academic
- Demonstrate knowledge of current instructional methods
- Use instructional support materials and equipment as
appropriate to enhance class presentations
- Master’s Degree in Spanish, Education, or another related
- 18 graduate semester hours in teaching discipline.
- Ability to demonstrate competence using various virtual meeting