External and Donor Relations
The Events & Donor Relations Manager will be responsible for
the organized and creative planning, development, and execution of
events and donor experiences that successfully promote and advance
the positive image and reputation of the University and its
mission. Housed in the University’s Office of Advancement, the
manager will plan and execute event logistics for development and
engagement events of varying sophistication, complexity and scope.
These events range from discrete, program-specific functions to
large-scale, highly complex programs for the University. The Events
& Donor Relations Manager is a team member reporting to the
Assistant Vice Chancellor, External & Donor Relations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Organizes, manages, and coordinates the production and
execution of events to support the goals and objectives of the
University Advancement office, inclusive of event planning,
pre-event interactions, donor and vendor relations, all on-site
details, event program and preparation, and post-event
- Maintains accurate databases and records; completes all pre-
and post-event reporting in a timely and accurate manner seeking
opportunities for continuous improvement.
- In collaboration with the Assistant Vice Chancellor, External
& Donor Relations and colleagues, coordinates and executes
recognition event strategies and unique touchpoints for multiple
donor giving societies as well as deliverables for funded naming
- Develops and manages production timelines and other documents;
drafts briefings for campus partners.
- Manages budget, assesses financial implications, and
effectively negotiates cost containment strategies as
- Provides support for University signature events, such as
Commencement, as required as well as other activities to include
receptions, groundbreakings, ribbon-cuttings and other stewardship
- Oversees and mentors Student Ambassadors on event
administrative/production tasks and constituent relations ensuring
accuracy of information, and positive outcomes.
- Serves as an active and enthusiastic partner to all advancement
functions and campus colleagues to foster strategic, effective, and
collaborative efforts that are informed through research of best
practices and constituent feedback.
- Interacts with all internal and external constituents, e.g.
staff, faculty, students, alumni, donors and guests, in a
professional manner. Serves as an enthusiastic team member and
leads by example.
- Applies operational business practices to assist completion of
work by others.
- Sets event goals, metrics and objectives and utilizes judgement
to ensure outcomes are achieved.
- Coordinates resources and sets daily priorities to meet
- Develop and submit Annual Business Plan, identifying key
metrics and milestones necessary to achieve annual goals.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. The
University will not sponsor applicants for this position for
- Expert computer skills needed.
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent priorities and work
effectively in a large, complex institutional setting.
- High level of customer service skills, including demonstrated
ability to understand and address the unique needs of wide variety
- Outstanding attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal, written and
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. and work on feet for extended periods
40 hrs/week to include some evening or weekend activity as needed
for event schedule.
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and
experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable
knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
Anticipated Hiring Range
- Bachelor’s degree; preferred degrees in events, hospitality,
communications, public relations or related field.
- 3-5 years of work experience to include events management
and/or donor stewardship experience.
- Working knowledge of development and engagement
Pay commensurate with education and experience.
Hiring Range: $50,367 - $55,000
University Title: Manager Event Services
Internal applicants can determine their university title by
accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
Applicants must combine application materials (cover letter and
resume) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a
resume attachment to the UMSL Job site: http://umsl.jobs.
(Reference letters will be requested for finalists at a later
date). Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is
11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For questions about the application process, please call (314)
516-5805. If you are experiencing technical problems, please email
The University of Missouri - St. Louis offers benefit-eligible
employees a wide variety of benefits including: health, dental and
vision coverage effective on the first day of employment,
retirement, paid time off, tuition assistance for employees and
their dependents and employee and dependent life insurance. For
more information about our benefits, please visit:
We value the uniqueness of every individual and strive to ensure
each person’s success. Contributions from individuals with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives promote intellectual
pluralism and enable us to achieve the excellence that we seek in
learning, research and engagement. This commitment makes our
university a better place to work, learn and innovate. In your
application materials, please discuss your experiences and
expertise that support these values and enrich our missions of
teaching, research and engagement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Missouri System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and
applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated
ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis
of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other status
protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy applies
to all employment decisions including, but not limited to,
recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits,
disciplinary actions and terminations. For more information, visit