**This is an on-site position. Remote workers will NOT be
- Assist in development, implementation, and marketing of
programs to recruit prospective graduate students for the
- Manages a geomarket/recruitment territory by actively traveling
to local and/o out-of-state businesses and colleges to provide
advising admission services and meet with counselors, parents and
prospective students, coordinate alumni-admission functions, attend
college fairs, and maintain regular contact with prospects,
applicants, and counselors.
- Manages recruitment process of their assigned College/academic
program from inquiry to applicant.
- Meets assigned enrollment department goals relating to new
graduate and online applications.
- Works with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to
ensure student data and system integrity; runs imports/exports,
population selections and batch processes in support of maintaining
data integrity and analysis.
- Assist with the promotion and marketing of the university's
programs to the local community, as well as the general public
through visits to private businesses, local government agencies,
and attendance at Career Days and College Fairs.
- Conducts dynamic presentations and effectively answer questions
about admission, application requirements, and processes. Must be
extremely well versed in all programs, services, and
- Provides admissions counseling and information sessions with
visiting students and families, in person and in group settings,
and by the telephone, correspondence, and e-mail. Aid in public
relations and general recruitment programs. Regularly follows up
with prospective students and parents.
- Performs administrative support tasks, including composing and
editing correspondence, reports, program handbooks and other
- Works with Program Directors to review and update marketing
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This
role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers,
phones, photocopies, filing cabinets and assorted office
equipment/machines. Flexible work schedule required; overnight
travel, evening and weekend work required. Traveling is required
and incumbent must have access to dependable travel means.
Associate Director will supervise full-time Graduate Recruiter,
Telemarketing Supervisor and work-study students, as afforded by
the department's organizational structure. In addition, the
Associate Director will provide training, mentoring, and
professional development to Graduate Recruiter.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's degree preferred
(exceptions can be made based on level of experience).
- Experience in sales, marketing, and university admissions
- Working knowledge of marketing, public relations, and cultures
as applied to students recruitment preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) helpful, but not required.
- Familiarity with personal computers and software (e.g., MS
Word/Excel/Access) and experience with mainframe systems
- Professional appearance and demeanor with attention to detail
and strong organizational skills needed to accomplish several
ongoing assignments simultaneously.
- Must be able to work under pressure, meet established deadlines
and exercise tact when dealing with difficult people on the
telephone or in person.
- Position requires extensive travel and irregular work
- Must have a willingness to work a flexible schedule and commit
to evenings/weekends for special events and/or emergencies.
- Works regularly with information requiring utmost discretion
- Physical requirements are within normal bounds of an office
environment but may include occasional lifting, carrying,
pushing/pulling up to 20 pounds.
After 1 year of continuous full‐time service, employees are
eligible to enroll in STU’s bachelor and master courses,
tuition‐free. The program will cover a maximum timeframe of
125% of credit hours attempted toward the degree program. Employees
may enroll in STU’s doctoral program, with a 40% tuition discount,
under the same conditions.
St. Thomas University is a Catholic university sponsored by the
Archdiocese of Miami committed to academic and professional success
guided by its Catholic identity. All employees are therefore
expected to respect the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and
support the University’s religious mission. All employees hereby
acknowledge their familiarity and support of the religious
affiliation, mission and values of St. Thomas University.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Thomas University is an equal opportunity employer that
promotes a diverse and inclusive organization. It is the policy of
the University to fill each vacancy with the candidate who
represents the best fit for the position and to promote and
transfer employees from within whenever possible and practical.
Employment decisions are made on the basis of the candidate’s
personal capabilities, qualifications, and ability to assist the
University in fulfilling its mission without discrimination. With
regard to the latter, the University’s program of recruiting
employees for mission aims to inform prospective employees of the
University’s mission and to help them and hiring personnel
determine how they will support and contribute to the University’s
St. Thomas University is an E-Verify® Employer. E-Verify is an
Internet-based system that allows an employer, using information
reported on an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility
Verification, to determine the eligibility of that employee to work
in the United States. STU will utilize E-Verify® to verify
employment eligibility for all newly hired employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Miami Gardens, FL 33054: Reliably commute or planning to
relocate before starting work (Required)
- Admissions Advising: 2 years (Required)
- Ellucian Recruit: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person