Pace University is ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward economic mobility by Harvard University’s Opportunity Insights, evidence of the transformative education the University provides. To add to our esteemed staff, we are currently seeking a Chief Marketing Officer & VP, University Relations at our New York City (lower Manhattan) campus.
Reporting directly to the President of the University and serving as a member of the President’s leadership team, the CMO & VP will be responsible for raising the profile and public perception of Pace, as well as building and maintaining a strong imprint in competitive media markets. The CMO & VP will direct Pace’s public information strategies and programs, provide leadership to the University’s government and community relations functions, build its public visibility and reputation to both internal and external constituencies, and ensure a strong, unified, and consistent image and identity in all of Pace’s publications and marketing strategies, including its website. Strategic thinking and demonstrated success in organizing an integrated communications strategy is essential. The ideal candidate will be results-oriented and has good judgment.
- Lead and advance marketing and communications strategy and programs.
- Work collaboratively with constituencies across the University, especially Development and Alumni Relations, Enrollment Management, and the various schools and colleges, to further develop and execute a comprehensive communications plan including owned, shared, digital earned, and paid media.
- Continue to improve and safeguard the University's reputation through thoughtful and considered crisis communication, positioning, and the effective use of public relations, advertising, and events.
- In consultation with University leadership and internal and external experts, expand the breadth and depth of outreach efforts through digital and print publications, online presence, elevated special events (e.g., lectures, symposia), and other media while maintaining consistent brand messaging and visual identity.
- Develop a message that stresses academic excellence and successful outcomes; ensure the message reaches an expanding geographical area and enlarging target markets/audiences.
- Provide leadership and management for the centralized marketing and communications, public affairs, and government and community relations teams to increase capabilities and effectiveness.
- Shape Pace’s policy influence and ensure its interests are protected and promoted within the governmental and regulatory spheres.
- Build a market-driven approach while devising metrics to determine the effectiveness of marketing and communications strategies.
- Generate positive media coverage about the University, developing marketing efforts and materials to support University-wide fundraising efforts.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field (master’s degree preferred).
- At least 7 years of experience in a senior marketing leadership role; managing and leading cross-functional marketing teams, overseeing all aspects of marketing strategy and campaigns, and driving high-performance results.
- Proven communications expertise and experience developing integrated plans and programs for complex organizations with multiple divisions, stakeholders, and markets serving the nonprofit, for profit and/or higher education sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative marketing technologies and approaches to advance the University brand through integrated efforts.
- Experience managing and providing leadership in times of an emergency or crisis.
- Capable of developing a strategy and plan for increasing appropriate media coverage for the President, other senior administrators, deans, and the University at-large; proven experience in working with and advising people in high-level positions of public visibility
- The ability to provide strong leadership to the University’s legislative and regulatory processes at local, state, and federal levels positioning Pace in a positive position with elected leaders, public funding agencies and departments with jurisdiction in the Higher Ed sector.
- Seasoned manager with a track record of developing and leading sophisticated teams.
- Effective leader who can build relationships with people from diverse areas of the University and inspire those outside their direct sphere of control.
- Ability to plan and meet budget expectations and function as part of a complex managerial team.
- Skilled at keeping multiple projects moving forward simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to direct outside business partners and service providers.
- Expert communication skills, oral and written, and detailed understanding of public media.
- A catalyst for change, willing to challenge the status quo and follow up with concise recommendations.
- Belief in the mission of Pace with a desire to become an active member of the University community.
Salary Range: $274,000-$325,000 per year. Please apply at: https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6000630.careers?ShowJob=520535621
About Pace University
Ranked in the top 9% of private US colleges that provide the best return on tuition investment, Pace University transforms the lives of its diverse students—academically, professionally, and socioeconomically. Currently, the University enrolls more than 13,000 students in more than 150 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs. Pace University is at the forefront of creating opportunity. Through the convergence of strong academics, experiential learning, and dedicated advising, Pace University empowers its students and positively impacts its communities.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Annual Security Report Notice
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University’s Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report contains information on security policies as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.