Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement & Career
The Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement & Career
Development is responsible for the creation and delivery of
programs and events that strengthen alumni engagement and student
career readiness. This is primarily accomplished through Alumni
Weekend and Homecoming & Family Weekend, regional events,
affinity and class reunions, and career development programs. The
Assistant Director develops roles and encourages alumni to
volunteer in progressively more meaningful ways. The Assistant
Director also collaborates with Annual Giving staff on
event-related fundraising efforts.
· Oversees the annual planning, marketing, volunteer management,
and overall execution of Alumni Weekend and Homecoming & Family
Weekend. This includes coordinating all facets of affinity and
class reunion programming.
· Works with volunteers to plan, market, and execute regional
events. In addition to traditional events, this includes send-off
parties for incoming students, presidential and fundraising
· Works with Marketing and College Advancement team members on the
creation of consistent, professional, and attractive
communications, social media, and invitations (print and online)
for events aimed at encouraging attendance and participation.
· Assists with walk-in career advising, employer development, and
career development event planning.
· Manages the Alumni Web site, social media presence, and online
· Assists with staffing and support of the Alumni Council and
Student Alumni Association.
· Represents the College when needed at on-campus, regional, and
virtual events. Occasional extended work hours, including weekends,
may be required.
· Performs other related tasks and special projects as
Juniata College believes in and embraces the liberal arts and
as such, we encourage and seek mutual benefit through diversity of
thought and approach which enriches our academic community, as well
as the lives of our students and colleagues. Juniata College is
committed to creating a welcoming community supported by
relationships based on collaboration and mutual respect. We
endeavor to create an inclusive learning environment where members
with different perspectives and backgrounds can learn, contribute,
and thrive. Please join us…
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the
- A Bachelor’s degree, valid driver’s license, and willingness to
travel is required.
- Working independently within a strategic framework and
- Collegial, cooperative and collaborative working style with a
diverse group of constituents and campus partners.
- A keen ability to foster, build, and maintain relationships on
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent project management, organizational, and planning
skills and have a superior attentiveness to detail.
- A proactive manner and the ability and inclination to formulate
and to articulate opinions creating consensus and momentum.
- Computer literacy with knowledge and understanding of the
Microsoft Office Suite and desire to become familiar with
This position reports directly to the Executive Director of
Career Development & Alumni Engagement and works closely with
other members of the College Advancement team. Provides supervision
to student workers, interns, and volunteers as required.
- Experience in event planning, marketing, volunteer management,
or related areas is preferred.
- Familiarity with Juniata College and its alumni community is
This individual must be willing to drive and travel.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Open Until Filled
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Government Employment Agency
- Private Employment Agency
- Employee (please explain in follow up question)
- Relative (please explain in follow up question)
- Advertisement - Source (please explain in follow up
- Other (please explain in follow up question)
- If you were referred by a person, advertisement or other,
please explain here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- List of 3 References