- Randolph-Macon College invites qualified candidates to apply
for the Executive Assistant to the President position. Reporting
directly to the President, the Executive Assistant to the President
works in coordination with the College’s senior leadership team and
other management officers along with key trustees, alumni and other
College constituents to provide strategic leadership and support
consistent with the mission, policies, and best interests of the
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the
- Serves as a Member of and principal staff for the President’s
Cabinet, the primary leadership team at the College.
- Serves as a key and confidential advisor to the President and
the President’s senior leadership team. Provides leadership in
internal and external meetings and discussions, supporting and/or
representing the President.
- Provides leadership in strategic planning, policy and budget
initiatives and represents the President on key administrative
boards, groups, and committees.
- Establishes priorities and agendas, research issues of
importance and sensitivity, and produces and reviews briefing
materials. Drafts documents for the President on significant
- Responsible for managing President’s Office and key
College-wide communications, including strategy and drafting of
speeches, remarks, correspondence, and communication of all
- Provides leadership on special and unique assignments. Responds
to associated issues and needs. Makes periodic reports to the
President as to their status.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Serves as a staff liaison to the College Board of Trustees and
as the primary staff liaison to the Board of Trustees Committee on
- Serves as the liaison to College general counsel.
- Provides strategic leadership on government relations at the
local, state and national levels and on public policy and higher
education issues affecting the College.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree preferred.
- Five years’ experience in a senior level administrative
capacity required. Experience in higher education administration
- Strong demonstrated leadership skills with highly effective
oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with students, parents and
families, co-workers, faculty and staff members,
senior-administrative personnel, trustees, alumni, and the public
in a professional and courteous manner.
- Position requires an extraordinarily high level of trust and
confidentiality and requires an individual who is able and willing
to work hours beyond the regularly scheduled workday.
Founded in 1830, Randolph-Macon has approximately 1500 students and
is located in Ashland, VA, a residential community 15 miles north
of Richmond and 90 miles south of Washington D.C. Randolph-Macon
College, an equal opportunity employer, believes that students
learn best in a diverse, inclusive community and is therefore
committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty,
staff, and students. We welcome applications from members of
Please complete an online application at https://bit.ly/rmc1580
to include uploading a
resume, letter of interest, and contact information for three
professional references addressed to: Sharon Jackson, Director of
Human Resources. Screening of applications will begin immediately
and until the position is filled.