University of Idaho
Extension Faculty - Ada County - 4-H Youth Development
Off Campus Location - Ada County Extension, Boise,
College of Agricultural & Life
Commensurate with Experience
The University of Idaho Extension is seeking an Assistant or
Associate Professor, Extension Educator, in the Southern District,
Ada County. The Extension Educator provides overall leadership and
organization for the Ada county 4-H Youth Development program and
support for multi-county 4-H Youth Development programs in a
specific area of expertise. The Educator will provide assistance in
university outreach where appropriate. The Educator will oversee
the county 4-H Youth Development program, including volunteer
recruitment and development, and educational programming for youth
and volunteers. There is currently a full-time 4-H Youth
Development Program Coordinator and five additional Extension
educators in the Ada County Extension office that support county
youth programming. The Educator will supervise the 4-H Youth
Development Program Coordinator. In collaboration with appropriate
university faculty, other governmental and non-profit agencies, and
clientele groups, the Extension Educator will contribute to 4-H
Youth Development program planning and implementation in a
multi-county area. They will conduct program evaluation and report
program impacts. Rank and tenure are negotiable based on how the
candidate meets the criteria for these in our unit and college
bylaws. The Extension Educator will provide support for Outreach
and Extension (90%), Scholarship & Creative Activity (5%), and
University Service and Leadership (5%).
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution by date of
- Experience providing organizational structure and support for a
variety of individuals and groups.
- Experience adapting research materials for effective oral and
- Experience collaborating in teams focused on achieving positive
- Experience using up-to-date computer technology to market and
conduct programs and communicate with stakeholders.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Youth
Development, Adult and Extension Education, or a closely related
- Experience in Extension Education and 4-H Youth Development
(relevant experience acquired within the last 5 years
- Experience recruiting, teaching, organizing, and managing
- Experience in needs assessment and program evaluation.
- Experience in disseminating research results through scholarly
outlets such as refereed /peer reviewed publications and/or
presentations to peer audiences.
- Experience in hiring and supervising office staff.
- Experience working directly with youth and/or adult audiences,
including diverse and underserved individuals and groups.
- Experience with conflict management and problem solving.
- Experience with fundraising, grantsmanship, and cost recovery
- Knowledge of Ada County and the surrounding area.
- Work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift, carry and/or otherwise move 50 lbs.
Work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
Must possess a valid driver’s license. Ability to lift, carry
and/or otherwise move 50 lbs.
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Open Until Filled:
Applications received by November 5th, 2023,
receive first consideration.
Along with your on-line application, you must
letter of qualification
addressing how you
meet the required and preferred qualifications listed.
In addition, your application materials must include a CV,
names & contact information for at least three (3) professional
references, and unofficial transcripts.
For questions, please contact:
Patrick A. Momont
UI-Extension Southern District
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative