The Associate Dean of Students Meridian is an integral member of
the Dean of Students’ team and the MSU Meridian staff. It will
support the core values of the Division of Student Affairs and
perform duties for and will be jointly supervised by the Dean of
Students and the Meridian Head of Campus.
Please see Staff Compensation Structure
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Sets strategic plans to include goals and objectives for the
departments and units under the Dean of Students’
• Develops and coordinates programs and services related to student
health and well-being for the Meridian campus to include mental
health services and student health care.
• Assist students and families with navigating university processes
and serve as an advocate for student and family needs including the
provision of accommodations for students with disabilities.
• Meets with students regarding campus issues including policies
• Coordinates with the Dean of Student’s Office, Honor Code Office,
and Office of Student Conduct regarding the investigation of
• Provides involvement and leadership opportunities to students and
coordinates with other student success offices and
• Serves in a coordinating role with University Police and MSU
• Coordinates with academic and other university units when
assisting students in navigating university processes, procedures,
and care and concerns issues.
• Use various databases and maintain accurate record keeping.
• Assist in coordinating events and program management for
• Serves on a variety of internal and external committees.
• Presents to faculty, staff and departments on issues that relate
• Serves as an emergency contact for MSU Meridian and respond to
• Provide supervision to Student Services Coordinator and
Disability Services Coordinator.
• Other appropriate duties as assigned by the Dean of
1. Master’s degree in Education, Education Administration,
Counseling or related field.
2. Seven(7) years’ experience as an administrator, with
demonstrated ability in supervision of staff, crisis management,
and student care & concern administration.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of student programming and administration to include
strategic planning, crisis management, program evaluation, graduate
student education/needs, and sound budget practices.
• Knowledge of federal and state laws related to student
• Knowledge of rules and regulations related to areas such as
student conduct and honor code, student organizations, risk
• Demonstrated innovative and progressive leadership
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with others in
person, via writing, and on the telephone.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with highly emotional and volatile
situations and people.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and
nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Frequent- Externally imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond
one's control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to
anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few
days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities
are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar
interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular
basis. Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking,
hearing, and handling objects with hands. Job requires standing,
stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Visions requirements: Ability to see information in print and /or
electronically. Travel between Starkville and Meridian should be
expected several times per month.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at
http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, and
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age,
sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender
identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status
protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and
applications from women, members of any minority group, and others
who share our passion for building a diverse community that
reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a
disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to
apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please
contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the
Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713
request, sections of this job listing are available in large print,
and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.