Youth Program Coordinator
Franklin College seeks to fill a Youth Program Coordinator. The Youth Program Coordinator will oversee all facets of Camp Griz, a 5-day academic summer camp program set to launch in Summer 2024. Key among those responsibilities are: camp logistics and scheduling; partnership development; coordination with faculty and other support staff; and year-round communication with families and campers. The Youth Program Coordinator will facilitate—primarily for Central Indiana Middle Schoolers—an understanding of college-going behaviors and will coordinate programming that allows Camp and program participants to see themselves attending an institution of higher education. Though initially grant-funded, Franklin College is committed to the sustainability of this position and this program.
- Provide leadership, supervision, budget resource allocation, and strategic vision for Camp Griz;
- Supervise student support staff/counselors, and coordinate with Camp Griz faculty;
- Develop and maintain partnerships with Boys and Girls Club of Johnson County, Girls Inc. of Johnson County, Center for Leadership Development, KIPP, Indianapolis Public Schools, Indiana Latino Institute, and other similar organizations;
- Partner with Institutional Advancement to identify potential partners and sponsors for Camp Griz and other youth outreach;
- Develop and maintain print and online communication sequences and programming for students and their families;
- Recruit students to participate in Camp Griz, meeting specific enrollment goals and focusing on students from historically under-served populations;
- In conjunction with Academic Affairs and Institutional Research, assess youth outreach programming and initiatives;
- Assist in the preparation of reports to funding agencies or other sponsors;
- Attend trainings and remain engaged in ongoing professional development with the American Camp Association;
- Support other youth outreach and campus initiatives including, but not limited to, other youth programming, admission fairs, recruitment programs, other summer camps, and campus programs and events;
- Other duties as assigned.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will be expected to supervise student staff and counselors.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Education, Psychology, Social Work, Higher Education, or related area preferred;
- Strong aptitude for strategic thinking and planning;
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing environments;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds;
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
This job functions in a professional office environment. Job tasks do not involve occupational exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissue. This position does require the ability to lift up to 35lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations.
Qualified candidates should submit electronically (MS Word or PDF) a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references via the application link – https://franklincollege-ubsru.formstack.com/forms/staff_application
Contact Human Resources with additional questions.
101 Branigin Boulevard
Franklin, IN 46131
Franklin College is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment and to ensuring that educational and employment decisions are based on individuals’ abilities and qualifications. Consistent with these principles and applicable laws, it is, therefore, the College’s policy not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status as consistent with the Policy on Prohibited Discrimination, Harassment, and Related Misconduct. No person, on the basis of protected status, shall be excluded from participating in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to unlawful discrimination, harassment, or retaliation under any College program or activity, including with respect to employment terms and conditions. Such a policy ensures that only relevant factors are considered and that equitable and consistent standards of conduct and performance are applied.