Highlands University is an open admissions university with over 70%
Hispanic, Native American or African American with nearly 40%
studying at the Master’s Degree level. The university is committed
to student success and improved retention and graduation rates.
NMHU serves approximately 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students
at the main campus in Las Vegas, NM (one hour east of Santa Fe) and
another 1300 students at centers in Santa Fe, Rio Rancho, and
Albuquerque. For more information about the university, visit the
website at www.nmhu.edu.
Teach and develop courses nursing programs to include courses
delivered by asynchronous distance education; advise students, and
engage in development of outcomes assessment. Serve on university
committees and participate in accreditation activities and faculty
meetings (may be in person once or twice per year). Position will
be open until filled.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and provide instruction that is learner-centered and
promotes participation in the learning process, emphasizing
critical thinking concepts.
- Provide mentoring and support of adjunct faculty.
- Initiate and maintain active participation in professional
development opportunities that encompass the discipline of nursing,
and teaching effectiveness.
- Collaborate with administration and faculty in the development,
implementation, evaluation, and revision of curriculum and learning
outcomes of the program.
- Work with advisory committee to identify and meet the needs of
the community pertaining to nursing subject matter and
- Participate in accreditation processes.
- Participate in any necessary face to face orientations for
- Maintain active participation in teaching, scholarly activity,
professional practice, and service to the university and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in Nursing. Current unencumbered RN
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Doctoral degree in nursing or related field.
- Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse ( APRN )
Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Experience with asynchronous education technology.
- Experience in nursing program curriculum development and
- Experience in supervision of nursing doctoral projects.
- Licensure in the State of New Mexico
- Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Evidence of a willingness to develop new knowledge and clinical
skills as required by curriculum, which is highly responsive to a
rapidly changing and demanding job market.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae