DEAN COMMUNITY EDUCATION FULL TIME
KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
Reporting to the Vice President of Academic & Student Affairs,
the Dean of Community Education
is responsible for
developing, managing and directing daily operations of the
Community Education (CE) programs, specifically continuing
education and special interest classes designed to enhance the
lives of adults and families in the community. The Dean of
Community Education is responsible for further development of
Community Education programs and supervising program staff.
Performs related duties as required.
- Plans, develops, and implements a comprehensive Community
Education program. Works with the College and District office
administrators to plan and execute the overall philosophy and goals
of CE development.
- Works closely with MXC and professional community leadership in
the health sciences to develop continuing education courses for
- Provides leadership and coordination in support of Careers/CTE
programs and services, with a focus on teaching excellence, student
learning and success, assessment of outcomes, and continuous
improvement of programs.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive CE program offering
professional and personal development non-credit courses that are
responsive to current and emerging community and workforce needs
and interests, and that align with the college’s mission and
- Provides management oversight of CE program processes,
including creating and implementing courses; budgeting and hiring
of instructors; producing semester course schedules; and developing
marketing strategies to promote program courses.
- Represents the college in community outreach programs and
initiatives and collaborates with community organizations for
development of community education programs.
- Pursues and follows through with issues of concern and assists
in resolving problems, including but not limited to student or
faculty complaints, following appropriate procedures for their
- Collaborates with college administrators in the development,
monitoring, and management of budgets and the allocation of
resources for CE.
- Works with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness in
planning for the collection and assessment of data to evaluate
departmental programs and courses, create improvement plans, and
recommend new curricular offerings.
- Works with the District Office Marketing team to develop
marketing plans and strategies to insure visibility of CE
- Works with the Office of Development to draft proposals for
federal, state and private funding.
- Collects data, including financial profile and analysis,
regarding potential CE and programs.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employment
within six (6) months of hire
City Colleges is an affirmative action equal opprotunity
Thank you for you interest in CCC
- Master’s Degree or higher in Educational Administration, Health
Sciences Education, Communications, Public Administration, or
related field required.
- Five years demonstrated and progressively responsible
supervisory, management, and coordination experience working in
Community Education or educational institutions.
- Five years of experience creating, developing and managing
educational outreach programs or as a college administrator,
program chair, faculty member, or related program management
- Demonstrated excellent supervisory, administrative,
communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of planning, program
development, evaluation, and budgeting, preferably in a community
- Must be self-directed and innovative, able to assess current
operations in an effort to improve the future goals of the
Community Education department.
- Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines in a timely
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of grant writing and management.
- Experience working in a unionized, higher education setting
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint); preferred familiarity with Customer Relationship
Management) CRM systems.
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in handling sensitive