Part-Time Police Officer
Duties and Responsibilities:
Auburn University at Montgomery Campus Police Department invites
applications for a part- time Police Officer. The qualified
candidate selected for this position is expected to provide a full
range of police services by enforcing state and federal laws and
campus regulations through active foot patrols and mobile
Duties and Responsibilities include:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Issue traffic citations and arrest warrants.
- Respond to calls regarding disputes and advises subjects
regarding appropriate behavior.
- Effect arrests and transports to city jail.
- Patrol assigned area and investigate incidents.
- Conduct investigations as required; submit reports to
supervisor of infractions of University rules and regulations,
state laws, and city and county ordinances.
- Direct vehicle and pedestrian traffic and enforce parking and
traffic rules and regulations.
- Respond to emergency situations and assist local police
agencies as necessary.
- Provide crowd and traffic control during sporting events and
other special events.
- Conducts crime prevention and security programs and directs
- Operates police network computers.
- Performs a vital role in emergency operations as first
responders in crises situations.
The successful candidate should possess the following knowledge,
skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of security, traffic, and parking practices and
- Knowledge of general AUM conduct rules
- Knowledge of technical law enforcement jargon and radio
- Interpersonal skills needed to communicate with faculty, staff,
students, and the public
- Ability to operate emergency equipment
- Ability to administer CPR or First Aid
- Ability to recognize safety, security, or health hazards
- Ability to document investigations
- Ability to communicate with faculty, staff, students, and the
- Ability to monitor fire and motion systems
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
Education equivalent to completion of high school. CPR and First
Aid certificates are preferred. Continued employment is contingent
upon obtaining POST certification. An offer of employment is
contingent on passing a pre-employment background check,
psychological test, and drug test.
Job Open Date:
This posting will remain open until closed:
Job Close Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer
committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage
applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans,
and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and
security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees
at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty
to immediately report information that has the potential to
adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus.
About the University/College
Auburn University at Montgomery has been ranked among the South’s
top universities by U.S. News and World Report, was named one of
the best colleges in the Southeast by The Princeton Review, is
designated as a Military Friendly School, and is consistently
chosen as the best university in the area. Auburn Montgomery
provides students with detailed knowledge and hands-on, practical
experience, often from professionals in the field.
Position Profile Link
Optional Documents Posting Specific Questions
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a High School diploma or equivalent?
- * Are you APOSTC Certified?