Physician Assistant Principal Faculty
Posted October 3, 2023
The Ursuline College Breen School of Nursing and Health Professions
invites applications for a full-time faculty position in the
Physician Assistant (PA) Program. The position is a 12-month
appointment beginning January 2024. Rank and tenure or non-tenure
track depending on qualifications. Positions report to PA Program
The primary responsibility is to assist with the implementation,
evaluation, and revision of the didactic and clinical curriculum.
The individual will be responsible for presenting lectures and
laboratory instruction, developing and grading examinations and
assignments, and recruiting guest lecturers. They will also be
actively involved with student advising, admissions, new student
orientation, faculty meetings or committees, and scholarly
activity. Additional duties include, but not limited to:
- Participate in student evaluation by grading written
assignments, written examinations, OSCEs, practical skill
competencies, and oral presentations.
- Participate in the ARC-PA provisional accreditation
application, self-study, process, and site visits.
- Participate in simulation activities in the program.
- Participate in student remediation for the didactic phase of
- Participate in program self-assessment, data collection and
- Maintain NCCPA certification and licensure in the state of Ohio
- Participate in appropriate local, state, and national physician
assistant educational and professional associations.
- Agree not to participate as medical provider for students
enrolled in the PA program.
- Active involvement in community service and/or service learning
associated with the Physician Assistant program.
- Participate in local, state, and national professional
organizations for professional development and to ensure program
curriculum and instruction meets professional standards.
How to Apply
- Graduation from an accredited physician assistant or medical
- Master's degree required. Doctoral degree strongly
- Current NCCPA certification or medical license.
- Minimum of three years clinical experience as a practicing PA
or physician. Teaching experience in physician assistant education
- Eligibility for licensure in the state.
- Experience working in an inclusive community.
- Strong commitment to fulfill mission statement of department
Qualified candidates should use form below or send letter of
interest, curriculum vitae, and three letters of reference to Ryan
Adler, EdD, PA-C, CHSE, Program Director via Katharyn Schrade at
Review of applications to begin immediately and continue until
position is filled.
Ursuline College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
diversity and is focused on hiring from groups traditionally
underrepresented in higher education, with the goal of increasing
its diversity among faculty and staff. Nearly one third of the
students at Ursuline are members of historically underrepresented
communities. The college seeks to become a more diverse and
inclusive place of learning, building a sense of community for