Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio is part of the 500-year-old
Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal
arts and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and
diversity. These values are central to our mission
. We strive
for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and
supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is
committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately
seeks out multiple perspectives.
The Director of Graduate School Marketing manages the marketing
activities of Xavier University graduate programs and ensures
prospective Xavier graduate students are being engaged in a
compelling and effective manner. You’ll partner with key
University, College, and Office of the Graduate School stakeholders
(i.e. program directors, deans, faculty, and the Office of
Marketing & Communications) and external vendors in order to
identify marketing needs, and based on these needs, develop unique
marketing strategies and campaigns to drive increased awareness,
student enrollments, and revenue.
To be successful in this role you’ll need to work independently and
be able to proactively identify needs and areas of future success,
as well as, be a problem solver with excellent communication skills
and impeccable attention to detail. The ability to multitask,
manage complex schedules, and meet changing deadlines is essential
to the position.
- Ability to work collaboratively with external marketing vendors
and internal University stakeholders.
- Utilize a diversified marketing mix that yields a quantifiable
return on marketing investments across the spectrum of channels to
drive increased student enrollments and revenue.
- Creation of marketing collateral, project management, analysis,
and vendor relationships.
- Assist with marketing strategy and tactics including, research,
messaging and positioning, copy, campaigns, and media
- Understand and develop lead conversion strategies including
email marketing communication flows from inquiry to applicant
conversions in the CRM system.
- Recommend and monitor budget for marketing spend.
- Build local collaborations for joint marketing and special
- Responsible for weekly/monthly reporting to OGS leadership and
- Communicating strategy, progress and results of key performance
- Supervise the Office of the Graduate School Social Media &
- Perform related duties based on departmental need.
- Collaborate with the Office of Marketing and Communications to
monitor and enhance online marketing efforts including: the
development, maintenance, and optimization of all website content;
support of search engine optimization and digital marketing
techniques, and the utilization of other social and emerging
digital marketing channels to drive interest in Xavier graduate
- Use market research to make recommendations about adjusting
marketing plans and identify threats in the marketplace.
- Research marketing channels for specific audiences as support
for assessing the ability to reach the target audience.
- Bachelor’s Degree (4-year degree) from an accredited
university. Masters degree preferred. Major in Business
Administration, Marketing, or related major preferred.
- Three or more years of experience in product or service
marketing, including strategy development, campaign planning
including direct and/or digital marketing, research, messaging,
social media marketing, search engine optimization, and leveraging
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must
submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information
of three professional references on Xavier University's website.
Candidates are asked to include with their cover letter a brief
statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s
commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Review of applications will start on October 20, 2023
will accept applications until the positions have been
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and
affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational,
health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility
varies by position and employment class.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick
leave, and holidays.
- Flexible work environment, including ability to work two days
remotely each week.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental,
vision, and prescription coverage.
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account,
flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance,
accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.