To produce and direct both studio and location, multi-camera and
single camera, and other media projects as assigned. Almost
all projects will include conception, design, budget, writing,
lighting, audio, videography, editing, and managing/training
students. The position of producer/director requires an
understanding of complex technical material, knowledge of the
complexities of human interaction, and a comprehension of the
delicate intricacies of storytelling.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Produces television programs or series for various forms of
distribution. Includes: concept design; budget; script
writing; reserving equipment and production crews; coordinating
with technical staff; videography; audio; editing; and in some
cases, distribution. Involves working with outside clients and
University clients to produce content.
- Directs live or live-to-tape multi-camera television
productions. Includes: set-up; supervision of student crews;
lighting, camera; audio direction; overall visual look and design;
and post-production to complete the project.
- Trains and mentors WBGU-PBS student staff positions.
Includes development and supervision of interns and graduate
students as assigned.
- Writes scripts, from research and interviews, for television
productions, station promotions and station development
department. Writes transitions and/or storylines for
performance and/or feature work for television productions.
- Edits television projects and/or segments.
- Completes the budgeting and administration process for
- Researches topics for development into television and/or media
projects. May involve grant writing.
- Operates various pieces of production equipment, also will be
required to update skills with newly purchased equipment and
software programs used for media production.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- This position dictates a high-level of expertise in Adobe
Creative Suite software applications as they apply to creative
Media Production for web, social media and on-air.
- The ability to quickly identify creative solutions to problems
or needs of internal and external clients is incumbent upon the
- A strong ability to think strategically and to lead multiple
projects from initial concept to completion is a priority of the
- Decisions determine the direction and success of videos
produced for BGSU and WBGU-PBS.
- Knowledge and experience operating in and
directing single/multiple camera video productions, script
writing, and project management experience are very important.
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be
required to upload a written response to the diversity and
inclusion question listed below. The Diversity
Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with
1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- How have you incorporated equity, diversity, and/or inclusion
into your current or a previous position?
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree must be conferred at
the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 3 years professional experience in a multi-camera studio
- 3 years professional experience producing/directing
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Visual Communication
Technology, Film Production.
- Experience in producing Marketing or Advertising style video
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative
Grade Level 355. Salary is commensurate with education and
experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply:
September 17, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position
visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or
contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU.
AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments
Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an
accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green
State University, please call 419-372-8421.