Founded in 1764, Brown is a leading institution for education,
discovery, and global intellectual progress as well as one of the
largest employers in Rhode Island. Working at Brown brings more
than just a paycheck and generous benefits; it offers an
opportunity to contribute to a greater good. Join us in supporting
the pursuit of knowledge and individual growth that defines higher
education and enriches our community.
The Administrative Coordinator provides administrative support to
both the Director of Graduate Education Administration &
Training Grant Support and the Training Grant Specialist within the
Office of Graduate Studies (OGS). In this capacity the
Administrative Coordinator will assist in scheduling and event
planning, provide support for meetings and training initiatives led
by the Director, assist with database and website maintenance and
provide inter-office support. This position will also aid with
training grant submissions and progress reports by gathering data,
entering data into databases, updating existing data, and helping
to complete and edit required data tables.
The incumbent will aid in the administration of two short-term
summer training programs. In this role they will help manage
training program applications, appointments and trainee data,
schedule and coordinate seminars and program specific events, and
assist Program Principal Investigator(s) in granting agency
Education and Experience
- Required: Associates degree or specialized training following
high school graduation with 2-3 years administrative support
experience or equivalent combination of education/experience.
Background and Education Check Required
Recruiting Start Date:
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and
inclusive campus community.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Self-starter and well-organized to oversee and handle multiple
tasks within time constraints.
- General knowledge of recordkeeping and principles of fiscal
- Strong computer skills (Word Processing, Excel, Filemaker
- Ability to multi-task and respond to interruptions while
maintaining a positive attitude and demonstrating excellent
customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as attention to detail a
- Due to cyclical nature of work, incumbent must be able to adapt
to fluctuations in workload.
- Must be able to shift focus and priority in high-pressure
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle
- Ability to communicate to all program participants at all
levels with tact and diplomacy. Must be able to work with diverse
- Ability to work occasional evenings, early mornings, and/or
weekends for special program events.
Job Posting Title:
Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any
staff position at Brown University you must submit an application
form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please
include a cover letter and resume with each position
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer
, Brown University provides
equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and
retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age,
national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other
characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is
protected by our University policies.