The Assistant Director of Leadership, Intercultural Initiatives,
and Student Engagement is responsible for supporting the growth of
the Office of Leadership, Intercultural Initiatives, and Student
Engagement. This includes assisting in the creation and
implementation of strategic leadership training programs, the
development of co-curricular student leadership curriculums,
intercultural programs, student engagement programs, clubs and
organizations, Greek life, Royal Court, and SGA to service
campus-wide program needs. This customer-centric role is
responsible for delivering service excellence and support to meet
the needs of our university clubs, programs, and
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Assists the director by providing administrative functions of
leadership development such as department assessments, program
budget tracking, student leader training programs, intercultural
and other program delivery, and serving on campus committees.
- Assists with and contributes to the plans, implementation,
administration, and evaluation of the Department of Leadership,
Intercultural Initiatives, and Engagement based on learning
outcomes designed for each program.
- When assigned, coordinates programs related to student events
and activities, including supervising some aspects of Student
Government Association (SGA) functions, Royal Court, major theme
week/month events, and as assigned aspects of L.E.B programs and
- Oversees Greek Life and assists with the oversight of clubs and
organizations as assigned.
- Assist with JC Sams Student Center. Assists with management and
maintenance, safety checks, and assist with other relevant risk
- Assist students in developing activities, events, and programs
designed for the developmental enrichment of students.
- As assigned, develop and coordinate educational development
programs that are grounded in intercultural competency.
- Support Homecoming Committee and manage related activities as
- Conduct assessment and evaluation initiatives utilizing
assessment instruments to identify the extent to which student
leadership activities enhance student development.
- Co-supervise student workers and provide feedback as well as
end-of-semester performance evaluations on student staff.
- Interacts with university staff, students, and vendors in a
professional and ethical manner.
- Attend Division of Student Affairs meetings, programs, and
professional opportunities as assigned by supervisor.
- This list of duties, tasks, and responsibilities is not
all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner. Demonstrate a high level
of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information,
protect the assets of the institution, act ethically and with
integrity, and adhere to FMU’s Code of Conduct and policies and
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent
communication (oral and written), organizational, and time
management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to
work with diverse constituents.
- Demonstrates the professionalism needed to handle sensitive and
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Manage, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks/projects
simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Interacts with staff and students in a professional,
collaborative, ethical and cooperative manner.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant field; master's is
preferred; and. At least 3 years of demonstrated progressive
leadership in developing and implementing diversity, equity, and
inclusion-related initiatives and programs in an academic
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Excel, and social media as well
as knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure,
workflow, and operating procedures. Familiar with Jenzabar
technology suite for higher education.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Pre-employment screening is required: criminal background check
and drug testing