The mission of Goodwin University is to educate a diverse
student population in a dynamic environment that aligns education,
commerce, and community. Our innovative programs of study prepare
students for professional careers while promoting lifelong learning
and civic responsibility. As a nurturing university community, we
challenge students, faculty, staff, and administration to fully
realize their highest academic, professional, and personal
Position Description Summary/Purpose :
This position is responsible for the management and oversight of
the admission process to the LPN program which encompasses the
management of all of the associated paperwork for new and existing
students, including the management of health information through an
outside vendor. The position also includes the responsibility of
maintaining faculty files.
Essential Job Functions/Primary Responsibilities :
(The essential functions or duties listed below are intended
only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be
performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a
logical assignment to the position.)
- Creates new applicant folders.
- Retrieve any additional transcripts of TEAS scores for
- Scores new applicant files.
- Determines the students to be accepted by selecting the top
- Creates an acceptance list.
- Distributes acceptance and declination information to
- Disseminates the acceptance lists to appropriate
departments/individuals within the university.
- Creates and maintains faculty files as needed.
- Files all evaluations and relevant paperwork in student and
- Maintains confidentiality of student data as protected by
- Communicates with students and other employees
- Maintains adequate office supplies.
- Compiles minutes of all faculty meetings.
- Generates all purchase orders.
- Answers calls from students, vendors, etc.
- Schedules appointments for Program Director.
- Supports the Program Director and other faculty as
- Interacts with other University personnel as needed, especially
Health Science advisors and other faculty. Also interacts by phone
or email with vendors such as ATI and CastleBranch.
- Conducts all work in a safe manner and all work safety
practices are followed.
Knowledge, Ability and Skill
- Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as
- Continues professional development and training; keeps current
- Assists other department staff as needed to promote a team
Minimum Required Qualifications :
- Demonstrated commitment to promote diversity, equity, and
inclusion, and work in an environment in which all members of the
University community are treated with respect and dignity.
- Computer- Word and Excel skills
- Organizational skills
- Self-motivated; ability to function independently
- Effective communication skills
- Customer Service skills
- Time management skills
- Adaptiveness: ability to implement changes without workflow
Education, Training and Experience:
Physical and Mental Requirements :
Work Environment None Under 1/3 1/3 to
2/3 Over 2/3
- High School graduate
- Customer service skills and related work experience is
Outdoor Weather Conditions X
Work with fumes or airborne particles X
Work near moving mechanical parts X
Risk of electrical shock X
Physical Activity None Under 1/3 1/3 to
2/3 Over 2/3
Talking & Hearing X
Using hands/fingers to handle/feel X
Climbing or balancing X
Bending, pulling, pushing X
Lifting Requirements None Under 1/3 1/3 to
2/3 Over 2/3
Up to 10 pounds X
Up to 25 pounds X
Up to 50 pounds X
Up to 75 pounds X
Up to 100 pounds X
Over 100 pounds X
_X_ Close vision (i.e. clear vision at 20 inches or less)
___ Distance vision (i.e. clear vision at 20 feet or more)
___ Color vision (i.e. ability to identify and distinguish
___ Peripheral vision (i.e. ability to observe an area that can be
seen up and down or
left and right while the eyes are fixed on a given point)
___ Depth perception (i.e. three-dimensional vision, ability to
judge distances and
___ No special vision requirements
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
(This job description does not constitute an employment
agreement between the employer and employee. It is used as a guide
for personnel actions and is subject to change by the employer as
the needs of the employer and requirements of the job
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401k employer match
- Employee & dependent life insurance
- Great tuition benefits for employee, spouse &
- PTO program