The Academic Data Clerk shall have the primary
responsibility for maintaining student records, registration, and
evaluating student transcripts by conducting a full lifecycle
analysis to include requirements, activities, and design. The
Academic data analysts will develop and maintain reporting
capabilities. As well as monitor performance and quality control
plans to identify improvements in correlation with the Department
of Education’s standards. Ensuring confidentiality within the
Federal Law of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
(FERPA) (20 U.S.C. 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99)
• Maintains current and historical records (electronic and paper)
ensuring the ability to quickly retrieve information and report as
• Performs high-detail analyses and routine data integrity audits;
consistently reviews and analyzes data, corrects errors, and
ensures consistent data accuracy.
• Demonstrates sensitivity in working with personal/confidential
records and information, adhering to FERPA and other related
practices and policies.
• Evaluates transfer students’ transcripts, and performs degree
evaluations and audits.
• Examines transcripts from other schools and determines
transferability of courses to FMU.
• Assists with processing graduation applications for
• Assists with the preparation of diplomas and certificates for
printing and mailing.
• Liaison between Veterans Administration and the students – VA
Certifying Officer for FMU.
• Processes athlete’s eligibility forms for the registrar's
• Assists with the preparation of student grade reports, and
provides student enrollment verifications.
• Prepares and transmits information to the National Student
Clearinghouse and is responsible for solving NSC Error Resolution
• Manages reports of online transcript distribution from the
National Clearinghouse.Manages the distribution of forms in My FMU
to update student demographics.
• Assists students with course registration and add/drop process. •
Digitize student paperwork and upload information to students’
folders in a secure drive.
• Provides regular guidance, instruction, and direction in response
• Exhibits superb customer service to students, as well as faculty
and staff, and displays student-centeredness in the performance of
all job duties.
• Maintains regular office hours per an approved schedule.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Registrar and Associate
• The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor
from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong technology skills in students' Microsoft Office products
and advising software.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with faculty, staff, and student
• Exceptional customer service and organizational skills.
• Understands how to read and interpret reports and data.
• Strong computer and analytical skills.
• Effective analytical and decision-making skills.
• Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is
extremely important as well as dependability.
• Ability to interact with personnel at all levels of the
• Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average
weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more
than four (4) hours per day.
• Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job that are identified essential are
required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will
be given careful consideration.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g....
Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science Information Management or
• Intermediate proficiency in MS Office Suite, as well as knowledge
and understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and
operating procedures.Familiar with the Jenzabar technology suite
for higher education.
•Demonstrated experience in records management, data management, or
other closely related field.
• Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours, ability to
maintain a flexible work