The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State
University of New York and an internationally renowned college of
art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on
liberal arts, invites nominations and applications for a Project
Manager/ Information Systems Specialist.
At the Fashion Institute of Technology, the HR Information
Specialist will be responsible for managing and maintaining HR
information systems and records. The subject matter expert will
develop business and technical requirements; configure and
customize systems; design and build reports and queries; perform
testing and quality assurance; and act as a liaison between IT and
HR. This position will report to IT and will be assigned to
specifically support the technology systems and needs of Human
Client/Information Expertise and Support
- Use HR systems knowledge and experience to partner with HR
subject matter experts to design, develop, and maintain HR
- Create/transform business needs into user, functional, and
system requirements through enterprise systems/services, including
the Banner HR module.
- Develop, write, and/or facilitate complex HR reports in
- Provide excellent and timely service.
Technical & Business Support
- Provide operational, functional and technical support for the
design, development, configuration, and/or customization of
enterprise applications, systems, and services.
- Perform business and technical analysis and documentation for
system maintenance/patching, modifications, and
- Design/author system/service requirements, configurations, and
specifications, working closely with enterprise software
- Develop and maintain documentation (e.g. charters,
implementation plans, user guides & testing, knowledge base
articles, etc.) for existing, modified, or new systems,
applications, solutions, or services.Participate, coordinate,
and/or document the user acceptance testing.
- Review new systems, modules, and workflows for potential
- Train FIT employees on applications, systems, and/or tools
related to the unit's supported operation.
- Liaise with vendors.
- Interact effectively in a highly-paced, collaborative, and
- Act as the lead Project Manager for IT-related projects within
the Human Resources Division and any other assigned clients or
- Manage all aspects (schedules, resources, communications,
issues, risk, and implementation) and deliver results on-time,
on-budget, and in scope.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list
of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other
duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the
- Bachelor's degree in HR, IT, Business, or related field or
Associate's degree and equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of working experience in information
systems services, business analysis, and/or project management with
a focus on analyzing, developing, documenting, designing and
- Experience performing effective service, support and management
of the technical needs and solutions.
- Experience independently managing priorities and projects.
- Experience designing and developing custom reports and
- Experience testing and debugging new and modified computer
- Experience with one or more Information Systems, preferably
Ellucian Banner (HR Module) or similar
- Experience working in a higher education is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Technology- Knowledge of computer hardware and
software, including systems, applications, report writing, and
configuration and customization experience. The ability to work
proficiently within Microsoft Office including PowerPoint,
Microsoft Project, and Google Workspace tools - as well as
Smartsheets, FileZilla or similar file transfer tools, and other HR
tools as needed
- Data Information - Knowledge of database
table structures and proper use to maintain clean data and
- Critical Thinking & Complex Problem
Solving- Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to system and service problems
- Quality Control Analysis &
Troubleshooting- Conducting tests to evaluate quality or
performance; determine causes of operating errors
- Service Orientation - Actively looking
for ways to help people and to improve the existing enterprise
- Effective Communication - The ability to
communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others
- Time Management & Prioritization -
The ability to work on multiple projects under tight project
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position
is filled. Successful completion of a background check is required
for appointment to this position once an offer has been made.
The UCE-FIT Collective Bargaining Agreement
(CBA) dictates the compensation, benefits, and
conditions of employment. Starting Salary: $85,860
per year with step increments
per Salary Schedule 96, after one year of service and
Bargaining Unit Title
Systems Specialist (CBA)
Days/Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, in person; work schedule subject to
change based on needs of the department.
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) provides comprehensive
employee benefit programs designed to help keep our faculty and
staff and their families healthy, safe, happy, and productive. Our
programs also include a variety of components to help our employees
improve the quality and balance of their work and family lives, and
to help them prepare for their futures.
- Retirement Plans
- Health Care Plan and Dental Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- FIT Tuition Exemption Program
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Sick and
- 4-day Summer Workweek
For a full list of FIT benefits, visit our benefits webpage.
Pay Equity by State Employers
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by
the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form,
that an applicant for employment provide his or her current
compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as
the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with
compensation. If such information has been requested from you
before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee
Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship by the
Fashion Institute of Technology.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will
attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural
backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that
encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression
of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its
mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT
is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race,
color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion,
ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual
orientation, military service status, genetic information,
pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required
to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by
applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to
providing equal opportunity in employment, including the
opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals.
Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with
disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's
non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative
Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360,
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
This position will be required to constantly read and
comprehend, occasionally perform calculations, constantly verbally
communicate, constantly analyze, and constantly write. The working
conditions for this position will be on campus, primarily in an
office environment. The physical requirement for this position will
require constant sitting, constant standing, occasional bending,
occasional walking, and occasional lifting 10 lbs. or
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the
following documents online:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC
Careers Account to check your submitted application materials.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we
receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually
regarding his or her application status.
Additional information about the Fashion Institute of Technology
can be found at: http://www.fitnyc.edu.