Financial Aid Operations
Job Posting Title
Financial Aid Specialist
This position is under the general supervision of the Assistant
Director of Financial Assistance and is generally responsible for
document collection and data validation for verification,
eligibility, and identity requirements under Title IV Regulations;
as well as assisting with the University and Foundation scholarship
programs. Position requires the ability to be self-motivated and
able to motivate others in a high stress environment. Knowledge and
experience administering all types of student financial aid
programs including federal, state, institutional, and FHSU
Foundation funds is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- One year of experience in general office support or
- Ability to work and supervise staff in a team-oriented
- Detail-oriented and accurate with the ability to work within a
highly technical computing environment.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Verify accuracy of information provided on ISIR through load
- Verify accuracy of documentation provided for verification for
completion and required elements.
- Assist students in person, by phone or electronically in
identifying correct documents for verification, eligibility and
- Manage incoming calls and emails directly related to the
verification process, as well as other questions received by our
- Attend FAFSA completion and orientation events, as well as
others, to assist with the verification process.
- Perform duties in Financial Aid Management software, data
entry, word processing, and file management in a PC, as well as
historical systems and data repositories.
- Assist the Assistant Director with University scholarship
programs, including release of aid and verifying eligibility to
disburse funds as well as fund clean-up.
- Assist the Assistant Director with NCAA compliance as it
relates to financial aid eligibility.
Application Priority Deadline
- Review, refine, develop and implement financial aid policies
and procedures in relation to verification and scholarship
- Supervise student employees, both directly and indirectly.
- Consult with the Assistant Director and carry out duties as
: Screening of applications
will begin immediately and continue until the position is
Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
To apply for this position, please
visit https://fhsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CAREERS. Only electronic
applications submitted through the webpage will be accepted.
Required Application Documents:
Applicants should submit a
cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three
Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Community of Hays
FHSU is located in Hays, a vibrant college town of approximately
20,000, located halfway between Kansas City and Denver on
Interstate 70. Hays is the regional center for education, health
care, professional services, shopping, culture, and recreation for
the western half of Kansas. The community boasts excellent
recreational programs and facilities, including the comprehensive
Center for Health Improvement, Hays Aquatic Park, Smoky Hill
Country Club, Hays Municipal Golf Course, and extensive walking,
running, and biking trails. Hays is within 45 minutes of two large
lakes that offer great opportunities for boating, fishing, and
camping. The Hays Municipal Airport provides connecting service to
Denver with several flights daily. The Hays community is home to
excellent Pre-K and K-12, public and private schools. With over 60
restaurants, major retail outlets, a low unemployment rate, and
very short commute times, the city provides a safe, welcoming,
low-cost, high-quality living environment for the residents who
call "Hays, America" home.
Notice of Non-discrimination
– Fort Hays State University is
an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age,
marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability
or veteran status.
Final candidate will have consented to and
successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position:
legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and
your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please
contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org
further information on how this might affect you.