MSW Field Education Director/Lecturer
The screening committee will review all eligible applications
submitted by October 18, 2023
The Social Work Department offers
nationally accredited programs and is designed to prepare students
to be dedicated and conscientious social workers. The MSW Field
Education Director/Lecturer has a start date of January 1, 2024.
This position is a 10-month full-time, non-tenure track faculty
• Manage field education placement processes for MSW students
• Hold on-campus office hours, attend meetings, provide academic
advising, and engage in service requested by the Department
Chairperson and Dean of the School of Applied Studies.
• Maintain an equivalent full workload, including teaching courses
(in-person or online, according to departmental needs), in
alignment with requirements outlined in the faculty handbook and
departmental accreditation standards.
• Collaborate with the BSW Field Education Director in the
identification, securing, development, and assessment of MSW field
education placements; maintenance of the Field Education Handbook;
facilitation of field education workshops and CEU training for
field education instructors and students; and evaluation of field
education policies and procedures.
• Facilitate strong working partnerships with community agencies
and field instructors.
• Utilize field education software, including maintaining and
updating system (e.g. forms development, workflows, report
generation and tracking); attending field education software
training as necessary; providing software training to personnel,
field instructors, and students as needed.
• Provide oversight of generalist field education liaison(s) in
coordination with department chair and MSW program
• Maintain Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) status while
employed at Washburn.
• Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as
• Master’s degree in social work from CSWE accredited program
• Two years of post-master's social work degree practice experience
in social work
• Demonstrated commitment to developing inclusive teaching
practices that engage students from diverse backgrounds
• Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW)
Official transcripts requested during background check process /
required prior to hire date.
• Licensed Specialist Clinical Social Worker (LSCSW) or equivalency
or a demonstrated eligibility and willingness to achieve LSCSW in
• Experience with field education as a field instructor, field
liaison, or field education coordination
• Teaching experience (higher education, CEU training, or other
• Administrative or other relevant professional activities in
• Evidence of proficiency with technology
• Proven effective organizational and interpersonal skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please direct inquires regarding this position to
Professor/Associate Dean, School of Applied Studies, Melanie
Worsley at email@example.com
Background Check Required