Job Title: Department Program Financial Assistant
Division: Academic Affairs
Department: Langston Hughes Memorial Library
Reports To: Director of the Library
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Job Type: Regular Full-Time/12 months
Location: Lincoln University, PA (near Oxford, PA) Campus: Main Campus
Within established department procedural guidelines, the incumbent performs fundamental administrative support functions to comply with University policies and external agency regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and coordinate office workflow to meet departmental performance objectives and ensure operational efficiency;
- Perform advanced data and document processing functions in automated systems;
- Prepare and distribute financial reports;
- Respond to walk-in, e-mail and telephone inquiries and resolve related issues;
- Maintain an organized office and protect sensitive/confidential information;
- Access, retrieve and store records according to established file systems
- Perform general business and banking transactions, i.e., manage cash receipts, prepare bank deposits, purchase orders, account reconciliation, and accounts and receivable;
- Compile and analyze financial and/or statistical data
- Prepare and distribute general correspondence and financial reports;
- Complete special or cyclical projects and additional tasks that reflect the nature of the actual work assignment.
- 60+ college credits, Associate’s degree, specialized training or certification in related area,
- Five or more years of related and commendable work experience;
- Demonstrated advanced working knowledge of finance procedures and systems;
- Outstanding analytical, technical, multi-tasking, time management, organization, and interpersonal skills;
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain effective working relationships;
- Exceptional data entry and processing skills;
- Proficiency in automated financial / records management and document processing systems, i.e., MS Office Suite of Applications;
- Work well independently and in a team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment, follow through on assigned tasks, and maintain confidentiality; and commitment to professional development.
Work is primarily performed in a university campus environment Travel for work and travel for professional development is expected and will be supported where possible. The employee is subject to inside environmental conditions: protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Moderate lifting up to 20 pounds as frequently as needed to move objects; dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse; ability to hear and speak clearly; and body mobility to stoop, kneel, and bend and reach.
The incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and /or skills required. This job description is not an employment agreement and /or an expressed or implied contract.
Management has the right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Lincoln University values diversity and seeks talented faculty, staff, and students from diverse backgrounds. Lincoln University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class status in the administration of its employment practices, admissions, financial aid, educational or athletic programs, or other University-administered programs.