JOB TITLE: Financial Assistant
CLASSIFICATION: Administrative Support
DIVISION: Finance & Administration
REPORTS TO: University Bursar
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Within established department procedural guidelines, the incumbent performs advanced or complex administrative support functions to complete assigned duties and ensure compliance
with University policies and external I governmental agency regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential job functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plan and coordinate office workflow to meet departmental performance objectives and ensure operational efficiency;
- Perform advanced data and document processing functions in automated systems;
- Prepare and distribute financial reports;
- Respond to walk-in, e-mail and telephone inquiries and resolve related issues;
- Maintain an organized office and protect sensitive/confidential information;
- Access, retrieve and store records according to established file systems
- Perform general business and banking transactions, i.e., manage cash receipts, prepare bank deposits, purchase orders, account reconciliation, and accounts and receivable;
- Compile and analyze financial and/or statistical data
- Prepare and distribute general correspondence and financial reports;
- Complete special or cyclical projects and additional tasks that reflect the nature of the actual work assignment.
- 60+ college credits, Associate’s degree.
- Specialized training or certification in related area, or five or more years of related and commendable work experience.
- Demonstrated advanced working knowledge of finance procedures and systems;
- Outstanding analytical, technical, multi-tasking, time management, organization, and interpersonal skills;
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain effective working relationships;
- Exceptional data entry and processing skills;
- Proficiency in automated financial / records management and document processing systems, i.e., MS Office Suite of Applications;
- Work well independently and in a team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment, follow through on assigned tasks, and maintain confidentiality; and
- Commitment to professional development.
Moderate lifting up to 20 pounds as frequently as needed to move objects; dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse; ability to hear and speak clearly; and body mobility to stoop, kneel, bend and reach.
Work is primarily performed in a university campus environment and requires a flexible schedule including evening and weekend work. Travel for administrative work is expected. The employee is subject to inside environmental conditions: protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.