College of Education and Human Development - Adventure Club
Serve as liaison between the community and the Adventure Club
program. Answer a high volume of telephone calls and relay specific
information about program policies and services. Greet customers to
receive payments and other miscellaneous information for Adventure
Club families. Focuses on completing work effectively, efficiently
and in a timely manner. Ability to cross train in other areas and
provide clerical support. Assist Administrative staff, Site
Facilitators, and Office Staff with a wide scope of projects,
presentations, and paperwork when needed. Ability to utilize the
copy machine, fax machine, PC computer, communicate through e-mail,
and network space. Implement problem-solving techniques when needed
to resolve and dissipate conflict situations. Uses existing
procedures to solve straightforward problems, perform tasks, and
activities efficiently and in a timely manner. Adhere to University
and Adventure Club policies and procedures. Additional duties as
Community Liaison for Adventure Club
- Greet visitors and answer questions regarding operational
hours, descriptions of programs, employment opportunities, software
issues, and provide directions to office.
- Assist new employees with completing hire paperwork,
orientation video and health and safety training.
- Advise visitors of approximate duration of their wait and see
that they are comfortable; and inform Director, Associate Director,
and other office personnel of appointment arrivals.
- Receive and deliver accurate and timely information/messages
for all staff members.
Provide Support for Office and Administrative Staff
- Accept payments, including checks and money orders, from the
700+ families. Check payment drop box by 9:00 AM daily.
- Review accounts in database and reconcile minor
- Initiate and process Third Party ACH wires. and CRRs.
- Reconcile Bi-Weekly and Monthly Time and Labor for errors.
- Maintain conference information for all attendees, process
conference registrations, assist with travel arrangements
(hotel/airfare), and travel reimbursements through PeopleSoft
Travel and Expense.
- Type memos, letters, and make copies as provided by the
Director, Associate Director, or other personnel in addition to
assisting all office staff with various projects.
- Place calls for Director, Associate Director, and other
personnel as well as take and deliver messages for Site
- Stock Snack for sites weekly.
- Maintain general appearance of communal space, snack room,
workroom, and pickup newspaper daily.
- Ensure opening and closing procedures completion, positioned to
answer phones, and assist customers by opening time.
- Trouble shoot equipment issues, contact service repair when
- Assist when having special events with placing orders, pickups,
set up, cleanup, and other requests.
- Participate in the collection process of past due families with
Assistant Office Supervisor.
- Scan and save any necessary documents for child, financial and
payroll record retention in network
- Weekly delivery of CRR deposits to the Office of Cashiers
located at 325 Jesse Hall on campus.
- Other miscellaneous drop off and pick-ups upon request
- Complete CPR and First Aid Instructor training and teach CPR
and First Aid to staff as needed, typically during work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Keep track of scheduled meeting minutes for all Site
Facilitator meetings, maintain computerized folders to store
meeting minutes after data entry.
- Participate in biweekly staff meetings with Director, Associate
Director, Program Coordinators, Office Supervisor, Assistant Office
Supervisor, and Registration Assistant.
- Meet weekly with Assistant Office Supervisor.
Salary Range: $15.50-$16.25 per hour
$1,500 Hiring Incentive
University Title: Office Support Assistant II
Internal applicants can determine their University title by
accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM (may vary on occasion).
Additional Qualifications Screened by the Department
- A high school diploma or an equivalent and at least 1 year of
experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities
can be acquired is necessary
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation needed for
errands (Campus Cashiers, CPS, Post Office, etc.)
- Ability to pass a comprehensive criminal background check as
well as an additional FBI fingerprinting check.
- Positive attitude
- Dependable and organized
- Past experience in accounting or a related area
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to efficiently utilize Word, Excel, E-mail,
Internet, and Network Space
- People Soft knowledge preferred, but not required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University
offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental
and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee
discounts. For additional information on University benefits,
please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
We value the uniqueness of every individual and strive to ensure
each person’s success. Contributions from individuals with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives promote intellectual
pluralism and enable us to achieve the excellence that we seek in
learning, research and engagement. This commitment makes our
university a better place to work, learn and innovate.
In your application materials, please discuss your experiences and
expertise that support these values and enrich our missions of
teaching, research and engagement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and
applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated
ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis
of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status
protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not
be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of
religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military
organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of
Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more
information, call the Director of Employee and Labor Relations at
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Director of
Accessibility and ADA at 573-884-7278.
Know Your Rights
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use
the following links: