Student Success Advisor
Professional F/T 52 Wks Unit
Academic Advising & Student Success
Who we are:
We are not-for-profit:
St. Louis Community college (STLCC)
is a non-profit institution dedicated to empowering students,
expanding minds, and changing lives. Employees are committed to
strengthening the St. Louis community with inclusive and
We are a respected employer:
For 60 years, STLCC has served
the St. Louis community, expanding to 4 main campuses, 2 education
centers, 2 workforce training centers, and 5 centers of excellence.
More than one-half of the households in St. Louis have at least one
member who has taken classes at STLCC.
We make an impact in the community:
Through credit courses,
continuing education, and workforce development programs, STLCC
annually serves nearly 69,000 students. More than 80% of career and
technical graduates employed in their fields or continue their
education at four-year institutions within six months of
graduation. STLCC sends more transfer students to Missouri’s
four-year colleges/universities than anyone else.
We value Diversity, equity & inclusion:
committed to fostering an atmosphere of appreciation for all
people, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin,
ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or
What you get:
Benefits package [for full-time employees]:
STLCC offers one
of the best benefit packages in the St. Louis area. As a STLCC
employee you will have access to a 100% match on your contribution
to retirement, two health insurance plans options that are no cost
to the employee - including an HSA option, low-cost life insurance
with a 3x salary benefit, and other low-cost benefits including
dental, vision, AD&D, ST LT disability insurance.
Opportunity to grow:
Over half of our employees have served
the college for more than 12 years, exploring different career
paths and advancing to higher level positions.
Education & training opportunities:
STLCC offers tuition
waivers for employees [full-time and part-time] + their dependents.
Full-time employees can take advantage of tuition reimbursement for
other institutions after just 6 months of service, and an annual
professional development allotment.
Full-time STLCC employees have access to
a generous time off package, including holidays, vacation, personal
days, medical leave, and other leave options. Our holiday schedule
even includes a paid winter holiday at the end of the calendar
Commitment to wellness:
STLCC HR boasts a dedicated health
and wellness specialist who is enthusiastic about creating a
culture of wellness throughout the College. With access to college
wellness vendors, employees are educated, motivated, and rewarded
for healthy behaviors. STLCC employees and anyone living in their
household also have access to an employee assistance program (EAP)
that can help them with virtually any life need.
The basics of this position:
Provides comprehensive and proactive advising, educational
guidance, career and transfer
planning services and assistance for students from entry to
completion. Such activities include,
but are not limited to, engaging students in academic planning,
clarifying their career and transfer goals, and providing them with
referrals to resources to serve
What you'll do:
Education, experience, and other requirements:
- Adopts STLCC’s Student Success Advising Framework, from entry
to completion, in
carrying out appropriate services, resources and intervention
strategies to students.
- Identifies and delivers strategies for students to enhance
their experience and contribute
to improved retention, persistence, and graduation rates for
- Understands and stays abreast of institutional and national
data regarding a student
success advisor's role in student success at the college.
- Assists student in clarifying their transfer plans (when
applicable) and in determining the
courses of action to transfer.
- Educates students on the enrollment process, interpretation of
assessment test scores,
standards of academic progress, and utilization of technology
- Assists in the new student orientation process.
- Educates students on their academic standing and provides
advice on building a plan
towards good academic standing.
- Interprets career assessments to assist students with career
exploration and education
- Refers and accepts referrals of students for services as
- Reviews degree evaluations, transfer credits, college placement
test results and other
available information to assist students in creating an education
plan that fulfills their
selected program’s requirements.
- Understands and stays abreast of changing institutional
policies and college operating
procedures including admissions requirements, new programs, course
important dates, costs, expanding facilities, updates in
college-wide initiatives, transfer
requirements, and state and federal mandates.
- Adopts the appreciative advising approach to optimize
interactions and work with
- Assists students in the development of an educational plan
educational and career goals, choosing a program of study and
assisting the student
through this decision- making process.
- Develops and updates academic advising skills and knowledge
through involvement in
both internal and external professional development and training
- Establishes and maintains connection with students. Provides
proactive advising and case
management for students identified on caseload.
- Plans and conducts successful advising interactions. Accurately
in a clear and concise manner, maintains detailed and accurate
records, and provides
appropriate referrals based on the individual needs of the
- Provides students with strategies related to academic progress
- Provides various modes of advising delivery (e.g., group
advising, online advising, one on-one advising, etc.) in response
to student needs, enrollment trends and changing
- Processes and/or assists in the workflows associated with
add/drop/withdrawal, graduation and change of major.
- Provides comprehensive academic, career and transfer planning
services for students
from entry to completion.
- Provides students with career exploration services including
career assessment, results
interpretation, and assistance in career choice and program
- May assist in the development of resume and cover letter
writing, interview, job search,
and soft skills.
- Conducts group and/or classroom presentations for academic,
career and transfer
- May participate with advising leaders on projects and
- Maintains an effective informational and collaborative
relationship with other college and
- Verifies applicable courses as they relate to federal financial
aid funding and/or veteran’s
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and two (2) years of relevant full-time
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience working in a higher education setting and an
understanding and passion for community college students.
- Experience working with case management and technology
- Bilingual skills preferred.