Office of the Chancellor
Summary of Duties
Reporting directly to the Chief of Staff, the Senior Office Support
Assistant position provides administrative support for the Office
of the Chancellor and Office of the Provost in a wide variety of
areas including: special projects, administration, correspondence,
scheduling, event support, and coordination of activities. This
position will work collaboratively with the office team with a high
degree of confidentiality.
This position will primarily office in the Chancellor’s Office
suite and will provide back-up responsibilities for the Senior
Executive Assistant for the Chancellor and the Senior Executive
Assistant for the Provost when they are not in the office.
• Provide administrative support on projects and programs,
committees, task forces, events, and other processes/projects.
Preparing materials for meetings, scheduling of meeting rooms,
sending meeting reminders and providing material prep for
• Provide support for Chancellor’s special events including
compiling invitation list, sending invitations, setting up event
space, maintaining attendee list and name tags, tear down of event,
and other duties related to events as needed.
• Support committees/task forces through developing agendas for
meetings, meeting notes creating and dissemination, and
• Schedule meetings, arrange travel and logistics.
• Serve as back-up scheduler for Chancellor and Provost. Perform
office and administrative support with an emphasis on planning,
logistics, and organization/coordination.
• Complete regular office management duties.
• G reet guests who visit the Chancellor’s Office and answer phone
• Analyze information, resolve problems, identify the most
appropriate solution and
may establish new processes/procedures to ensure the team is able
to meet its
objectives and complete work efficiently and effectively.
• Impact the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of the team
organization and coordination of tasks and duties.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effectively
dealing with a broad range of individuals at various levels within
• Administrative experience with abilities to set priorities,
organize and coordinate on office operation, anticipate needs, work
under the pressure of deadlines and exercise good judgment,
particularly with sensitive or confidential matters.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to cope
with change and ambiguity in a fast-paced executive-level office
• Strong self-motivation skills for independently establishing
effective working relationships with various organizations and
faculty and staff at all levels of the organization and
demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to work with confidential materials and
• Demonstrated ability to produce excellent work under short
timelines, attention to detail is required.
• Demonstrated ability and comfort with multitasking.
Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and
experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable
knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
Full Time/Part Time
- Exceptional interpersonal relations capabilities, effective
communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a
wide range of diverse groups and constituents are all required
- Foster a culture of care, service and stewardship
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Demonstrated skills of collaboration and teamwork
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability
to interact with diverse internal and external constituents
- Demonstrated success in time management, calendaring, and
coordinating meetings in a complex organization
- Demonstrated success in file management, organization, and
archiving records in a complex organization Computer and technology
proficient (Outlook, OneNote, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Adobe
Acrobat). Willingness to learn new technologies and processes.
Full-time, benefit eligible
Up to 22.00 per hour commensurate with experience, education, and
Applications will be reviewed upon submission and will remain open
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter,
resume, and list of five references with contact information) into
one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB.
Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (800)
Note, you must provide a description of job duties for each Work
Experience entry on your application. Please carefully review the
application instructions section of our Careers page prior to
submitting your materials.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We value the uniqueness of every individual and strive to ensure
each person’s success. Contributions from individuals with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives promote intellectual
pluralism and enable us to achieve the excellence that we seek in
learning, research and engagement. This commitment makes our
university a better place to work, learn and innovate.
In your application materials, please discuss your experiences and
expertise that support these values and enrich our missions of
teaching, research and engagement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and
applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated
ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis
of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status
protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not
be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of
religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military
organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of
Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more
information, call Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Office of Equity
& Title IX at 816-235-6910.
Know Your Rights
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use
the following links:
We offer full benefits that start day one, generous paid time off,
paid winter break, and continuing education benefits. Visit our
page to learn more.
Also, explore the Total Rewards website
to learn more about the
rewards package we offer to acknowledge our employees as the
university's most important r esource.