The Department of Health and Human Performance is seeking qualified applicants for an Assistant Professor Faculty position. The faculty member will have graduate and undergraduate teaching assignments related to healthcare administration to include, but not limited to, Human Resources, Healthcare Management, Public Health Law, Data Analytics, Healthcare Economics. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing relationships with local and regional healthcare organizations, advising students, scholarly productivity, and service.
About the Department
The Department of Health and Human Performance serves approximately 600 students across two undergraduate and four graduate programs. The Bachelor of Science in Health and Human Performance has concentrations in Communication Sciences & Disorders, Healthcare Management, K-12 Teaching, Public Health, and Sport and Wellness Specialist. The Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology has concentrations in Exercise Science and Pre-professional. The Department also offers four Master’s degrees: Master of Speech-Language Pathology, Master of Public Health, Master of Healthcare Administration, and a Master of Science in Health and Human Performance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities will include teaching in undergraduate healthcare management concentration and the graduate healthcare administration program. Additional responsibilities include:
- Advising students
- Holding required office hours
- Showing evidence of scholarly productivity, and service to the university, profession, and community
- Contributing to the department and MHA program mission and goals
- Collecting data related to the CAHME approved competencies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to develop relationships with local and regional healthcare organizations.
- Potential for excellence in teaching, advising students, scholarly production, and service to the program, department, University, and profession.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Earned Doctorate with emphasis in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, or Public Health (with a focus in healthcare management, administration, or policy), or related field from a regional accrediting body.
- Candidates who are currently ABD will be considered if all degree requirements are completed by date of hire, August, 1, 2024.
- Candidate must demonstrate potential for excellence in teaching (to include web-based instruction) and research.
Please apply at: https://apsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/15950