This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the
provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes
the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Lecturer-Pool Faculty of Public Health (2023-2024) - up to 2
positions to be filled
Commensurate with education and experience.
Part-Time Non-Tenure Track
College of Health Sciences
Dept of Public Health
Refer Applicants To
Dr. Ray Newman
Sam Houston State University
Department of Public Health
Huntsville, TX 77341
Duties Performed in the Usual Course of the Job
Lecturer-Pool faculty are term positions hired to teach one to four
courses per semester. Course requirements may include a combination
of teaching on-campus classes at The Woodlands Center, classes at
the main campus in Huntsville, and online classes, depending on the
needs of the academic department. Lecturer-Pool faculty hiring is
based upon student demand, on a semester-by-semester basis.
Educational Requirements for the Position
Requires a minimum of Master’s degree in related field for lower
level course offerings.
Experience Required for the Position
Teaching experience preferred.
Other Requirements for the Position
This posting is for the Spring 2024 and Summer 2024
Special Instructions Summary
Open Until Filled
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free
Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status,
citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender
identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at
will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional
terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require
background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.
Security and Fire Safety Report
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you available to teach during the day?
- * Are you available to teach during the evening?
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- SHSU Recruiter
- If your response to the question above was 'SHSU Employee'
please indicate employee's name and department.
(Open Ended Question)
- If your response to the question above was 'Other' please
indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae (Faculty)