Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Open Until Filled
Full Time/Part Time
Full-Time, Benefit Eligible
$76,279 - $85,000
This position serves as Director of Strategic Diversity Initiatives
(SDI). This position supervises the daily operations of the SDI
facility, cultural programming, food pantry and clothing closet on
campus. Helps create and implement retention programs for
underrepresented minorities, women, and first-generation students.
This position reports directly to the Vice Chancellor of Diversity,
Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) and Chief Diversity Officer (CDO) and
may serve as that position's designee as needed as a liaison to
internal and external groups.
- Supervise the Employee Diversity Manager and Student Diversity
- Coordinate all cultural and multicultural activities and
programs on the S&T campus for students, staff, and
- Assist the planning of Celebration of Nations.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and liaison to the CDO
for all DEI programs.
- Partners with campus stakeholders to offer cultural and
multicultural programs and activities.
- Assist with DEI training efforts for students, staff, and
- Represents the CDO at meetings and function, as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and
experience and at least 7 years of experience from which comparable
knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
- Master's degree
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to
work with diverse populations.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and resolve conflicts using
a win-win approach.
- Ability to develop, plan implement recruitment and outreach