The mission of Goodwin University is to educate a diverse
student population in a dynamic environment that aligns education,
commerce, and community. Our innovative programs of study prepare
students for professional careers while promoting lifelong learning
and civic responsibility. As a nurturing university community, we
challenge students, faculty, staff, and administration to fully
realize their highest academic, professional, and personal
Position Description Summary/Purpose :
This is an Entry-level professional position. It works under the
general supervision of the Library Director, assisting in providing
reference services, collection maintenance and interlibrary loans.
It performs professional library services in assisting students,
staff and faculty in the selection and use of both electronic and
physical library materials.
Essential Job Functions/Primary Responsibilities :
(The essential functions or duties listed below are intended
only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be
performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a
logical assignment to the position.)
- Receives oral or written directions from Library Director.
- Plans work according to established library procedures.
- Establishes task priorities within work unit.
- Assists in near term and long-range planning.
- Creates content for course specific LibGuides.
- Opens and closes library according to security procedures.
- Assists with all library circulation functions as needed.
- Provides individual and group bibliographic instruction for
print and electronic resources.
- Participates in Library Liaison program.
- Teaches research-related classes
- Examines professional publications and other sources for
selection of books, periodicals, and other materials.
- Attends meetings and participates in professional library
- Conducts all work in a safe manner and all work safety
practices are followed.
Knowledge, Ability and Skill :
- Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as
- Continues professional development and training; keeps current
- Assists other department staff as needed to promote a team
Minimum Required Qualifications :
- Ability to apply principles of library science to solve
- Strong computer application and digital technology skills
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work effectively with other library staff
- Ability to understand and use the library services provided by
the University’s integrated library systems
- Knowledge of basic research materials; substantial
interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communication
Education, Training and Experience :
Physical and Mental Requirements :
Work Environment None Under 1/3 1/3 to
2/3 Over 2/3
- Master’s Degree in Library Science/ Library and Information
Science from an ALA accredited college
- 1-3 years of experience required
Outdoor Weather Conditions X
Work with fumes or airborne particles X
Work near moving mechanical parts X
Risk of electrical shock X
Physical Activity None Under 1/3 1/3 to
2/3 Over 2/3
Talking & Hearing X
Using hands/fingers to handle/feel X
Climbing or balancing X
Bending, pulling, pushing X
Lifting Requirements None Under 1/3 1/3 to
2/3 Over 2/3
Up to 10 pounds X
Up to 25 pounds X
Up to 50 pounds X
Up to 75 pounds X
Up to 100 pounds X
Over 100 pounds X
X Close vision (i.e. clear vision at 20 inches or less)
_X_ Distance vision (i.e. clear vision at 20 feet or more)
_X__ Color vision (i.e. ability to identify and distinguish
_X__ Peripheral vision (i.e. ability to observe an area that can be
seen up and down or
left and right while the eyes are fixed on a given point)
_X__ Depth perception (i.e. three-dimensional vision, ability to
judge distances and
___ No special vision requirements
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
(This job description does not constitute an employment
agreement between the employer and employee. It is used as a guide
for personnel actions and is subject to change by the employer as
the needs of the employer and requirements of the job
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401k employer match
- Employee & dependent life insurance
- Great tuition benefits for employee, spouse &
- PTO program
- Flexible work schedules / work from home opportunities