Ohio University seeks a collaborative and inclusive leader to serve as its Executive Director for Strategic Partnerships and Inclusive Excellence. The Executive Director will 1) serve as an advisor to the Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion and work collaboratively with the D&I staff and other campus offices to cultivate a culture of inclusion and respect within the Division and throughout the university; 2) serve as a strategic partner with the Vice President of D&I to realize the University’s priorities related to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging; 3) form and cultivate partnerships with campus stakeholders as well as organizations outside the university to further the diversity and inclusion initiatives; 4) assist Enrollment Management and Undergraduate Admissions with the development and implementation of strategiesto improve access and opportunities for underrepresented student populations; 5) partner with the Office of the Vice Provost for Student Success to provide expertise on strategies, policies, programs, interventions and opportunities for students, especially the underrepresented student populations, to increase success and close equity and achievement gaps; 6) collaborate with office of Institutional Effectiveness & Analytics (IEA) to gather data that are accurate and relevant to inform policies and strategies; 7) partner with the Division of Student Affairs on recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives. The preferred candidate will have in-depth knowledge of current challenges and trends in higher education especially with regards to access and closing the achievement gap, and substantial experience working in DE&I at the college level, in student affairs, academic affairs or both.
Job Duties Include:
Diverse Students Recruitment, Retention and Success:
• Partner with the Office of the Vice Provost for Student Success to provide expertise about strategies, programs, interventions, and opportunities for students to help close equity and achievement gaps.
• Assist Enrollment Management and Undergraduate Admissions to develop and implement plans, goals, and objectives to enhance access and recruitment opportunities for underrepresented student populations.
• Partner with the Division of Student Affairs on recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
• Collaborate with the office of Institutional Effectiveness & Analytics (IEA) to gather data that are accurate and relevant, to inform and measure the efficacy of strategies, policies, programs and services offered with regards to diverse student recruitment and success.
• Coordinate the approach to campus climate with the office of Equity and Civil Rights Compliance and Division of Student Affairs and lead the response to reports of bias and insensitivity on campus.
• Keep current on diversity, equity, and inclusion trends and best practices, consult and provide expert guidance in areas of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging to the campus community.
Leadership and Strategic Oversight:
• Work in partnership with the Vice President of Diversity & Inclusion to realize the University’s strategic priorities related to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
• Work collaboratively with the D&I staff and other campus offices to cultivate a culture of respect and empowerment that builds staff commitment, strategic discipline, and project accomplishments within the Division and throughout the university.
• Form and cultivate strategic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to further university initiatives.
• Work closely with the Assistant Director of Operations and Special Projects to manage and implement DEI strategic plan, goals, and objectives in alignment with university priorities.
• Supervise the Director of the Center for Multicultural Programs, Assistant Director of Strategic Initiatives, Assistant Director for Multicultural programs, and assigned administrative staff and graduate assistants.
• Provide direct assistance to the VP for Diversity & Inclusion in timely response to public and staff concerns.
• Support other university-wide DEI initiatives as assigned by the Vice President for Diversity & Inclusion.
• Participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate for the role of Executive Director
• Represent the Vice President for Diversity & Inclusion, and the University at appropriate committees, councils, and events.
Support of Division-wide Initiatives:
• Work in collaboration with University Communications and Marketing and D&I staff to manage all D&I marketing and communications efforts.
• Partner with the Division of Student Affairs, University Communications and Marketing, and D&I staff to advance The Make Respect Visible initiative, and other initiatives that promote the university’s commitment to achieving an inclusive and equitable community.
• Oversee, track, and monitor progress of special projects, and action items for the Vice President of D&I.
• Ensure accuracy and timely execution of programs and projects; and alignment of D&I activities within the Division’s strategy and OHIO’s vision of a transformative learning community.
Successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
• ability to make data-informed decisions.
• success in developing and moving initiatives forward to achieve results.
This is primarily a student-facing position, the successful candidate must be present on-campus to interact and engage with students, faculty, and staff during working hours. Attendance at evening and weekend events and activities sometimes needed. Must be available to travel to represent the university and the Division at outside events. This is not a remote work position.