At Unity Environmental University we are on a mission tomake
environmental education accessible and affordable to all. Our
unique model combines a functional hierarchy and project-based
structure through our four Sustainable Education Business Units
(SEBUs) to promote collaboration and innovation (Distance
Education, Sustainable Ventures, Hybrid Learning and the Technical
Institute for Environmental Professions). We prioritize our
students' needs above all else, offering a variety of modalities,
including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online. Our innovative and
inclusive culture prepares students to tackle real-world challenges
and cultivate the next generation of environmental professionals
and leaders who can make a positive impact on our world.
We are dedicated to delivering quality education and experiences
that produce outstanding environmentally competent professionals
and inspire individuals from all walks of life to steward
About Distance Education
Distance Education provides an entirely asynchronous, online
learning experience that adapts to the unique circumstances of each
student. Our fully accredited bachelor's and master's degree
programs, as well as non-degree credits, empower learners to shape
their own educational journey. With 8 five-week terms for
undergraduates and 5 eight-week terms for graduate students, our
model offers unparalleled flexibility. You can learn at your own
pace, and take breaks as needed. By using your everyday environment
as your laboratory, you'll integrate your studies into your daily
life. This makes our education ideal for busy professionals who
seek to advance their careers while still honoring their
commitments. We are committed to empowering our students to become
the changemakers our world needs, wherever they are.
The Dean of Recruitment is a revenue generating position
responsible for driving the enrollment and recruitment strategies
while providing leadership, vision, and strategic direction to
ensure the successful implementation of recruitment initiatives for
Distance Education. This position will be focused on recruiting a
talented and diverse population of students interested in online,
environmental programs or other Distance Education offerings.
The Distance Education Dean of Recruitment is responsible for all
aspects of the student cycle from recruitment to matriculation and
meeting term based and annual headcount and credit generation goals
set for incoming students. This position will be responsible for
data analysis to inform strategic initiatives and recruitment
planning, train and supervise internal and contracted staff
dedicated to lead generation, lead nurturing, and preterm retention
activities, as well as manage our internal and external lead
generating recruitment campaigns. This position reports to the
Associate Vice President of Distance Education.
Day to day responsibilities :
Do you have the skills?
- Develop and implement a comprehensive recruitment strategy
designed to attract and retain an academically talented,
financially viable and diverse student body.
- Become knowledgeable to champion Unity Distance Education, its
programs, market niche, strategies and procedures, and plan and
implement activities to generate student interest in those areas
through a variety of recruitment strategies.
- Ensure the cost of acquisition remains within the range
established by the DE annual budget.
- Analyze student demographics and market trends to identify
opportunities for enrollment growth.
- Manage recruitment budget/expenses and assist the Associate
Vice President in preparing Distance Education goals and revenue
- Meet or exceed term and annual recruitment goals, which are set
annually and subject to change.
- Diversify lead generation while maintaining an in-house to
outsourced lead ratio of 40/60.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external vendors, while
overseeing contract management.
- Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports on all
recruitment activities, outcomes, and progress toward goals while
implementing initiatives to improve conversion rates.
- Lead, supervise, and evaluate staff while measuring performance
outcomes for individual staff members while maintaining a culture
of superior customer service.
- Ensure proactive and holistic student contact and effective
conversion from initial inquiry through enrollment using Unity’s
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with educational
institutions, community organizations, and other partners to
promote Unity’s visibility and reputation nationwide.
- Oversee effective recruitment presentations at colleges, fairs,
workshops, and conferences and events aimed at generating leads for
- Collaborate with marketing to create and implement aggressive
outreach strategies, drip campaigns, application materials, and
updated web information for Distance Education programs.
- Oversee the use of administrative software systems while
exercising leadership in the application and implementation of
- Develop training materials and implement existing and new
policies and procedures, ensuring consistent adherence among the
- Act as point of escalation for problems between SEBU and
Enterprise services as assigned by the Associate Vice
- Review student applications and appeals for admission decisions
in cases where automatic acceptance is not possible.
- Cross-train team members to provide support and backfill for
other student support positions during high demand periods.
- Pro-actively communicate challenges, successes, and failures
with immediate supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree with at least 5 years of leadership experience
in recruitment with proven results.
- Strong knowledge of current trends, best practices, and
emerging strategies in recruitment enrollment management.
- Data-driven mindset and ability to interpret recruitment data
to drive growth initiatives.
- Excellent initiative and organizational skills with ability to
work both autonomously and in a team.
- Great time management skills and the ability to be extremely
efficient while working on various projects simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong
interpersonal skills and strong public speaking skills.
- Ability and willingness to attract and support students from
diverse political/socioeconomic backgrounds and a wide range of
physical and academic abilities.
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of
- Ability to function effectively within a matrix organizational
structure, maintaining open lines of communication while being
discreet, courteous, and well poised.
- Passion for Unity’s mission.
- Ability to travel as needed, with a valid driver’s
Are you contemplating the job but uncertain if you should
apply? We encourage you to reach out to us regardless. At our
company, we acknowledge that not everyone begins their professional
journey with equal advantages, opportunities, or privileges.
Therefore, we value your unique skills and experiences. Take a
chance and submit your application; you may be precisely the
individual we're searching for!
Location: Pineland Farms, New Gloucester, Maine
- Experience in recruiting for online programs with non-standard
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce
Just a half hour from Portland, Unity Environmental University
Headquarters, Unity Environmental University Distance Education,
The Technical School for Environmental Professions, and the School
of Environmental Business & Sustainable Ventures are based at
the Pineland Farms campus. The facilities are within easy access to
one of the fastest-growing cities for startups in the
Work hours are specific to the requirements of this position and
can include days, evenings, weekends. Working extended hours may be
required as needed and Unity Environmental Universityemployees must
be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling their responsibilities
while meeting the Univesity’s needs.
Although at Unity Environmental University Enterprise employees are
generally scheduled to work at their base location, there are times
when travel is necessary and employees are required from time to
time to attend events, meetings or work temporary assignment at any
at Unity Environmental University location.
While performing the duties of this job, it is regularly required
to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to
stand or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust focus. The use of either hand for
repetitive movements such as grasping, grasping, and turning, and
fine manipulation is required as is the ability to use the
telephone for internal and external communications.
Unity Environmental University offers a comprehensive and
competitive compensation and benefits package for its faculty and
staff. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid holidays off
- 4 weeks of PTO
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible work benefit - ability to work from home
- Retirement Plan with up to 8% match
- Relocation Assistance