The Counseling and Psychiatric Department at the University Health
Center is pleased to offer three full-time positions for Staff
Psychologist. CAPS Psychologists are an integral member of the CAPS
Professional Staff. Clinicians will provide primary, secondary, and
tertiary services to eligible members of the UGA community, within
the CAPS scope of service. These services include group,
individual, crisis interventions, outreach, training and
consultation. Clinicians can also provide internal/external
referrals as needed for best care. Services are delivered in
accordance with UHC / CAPS policies and procedures. Clinicians
follow professional and organizational standards for care and
documentation. All are valued team members who participate in
performance improvement initiatives and actively involved in team
activities, i.e. required meetings, committees. As a thriving and
growing training site, all CAPS staff contribute to the growth and
development of CAPS trainees.
Special Instructions to Applicants
The application deadline is open until filled. To ensure full
consideration, submit application by October 26, 2023. The
projected start date is December 1, 2023 and is negotiable. This
position includes a full suite of great benefits and the salary is
$65,000-$70,000, commensurate with experience. Links to information
about Counseling and Psychiatric Services ( CAPS ) can be found at
UHC-Counseling & Psych Srvcs
About the University of Georgia
Since our founding in 1785, the University of Georgia has operated
as Georgia’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified
institution of higher education ( https://www.uga.edu/
). The proof
is in our more than 235 years of academic and professional
achievements and our continual commitment to higher education. UGA
is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S.
News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in
Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended
campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA employs
approximately 3,000 faculty and more than 7,700 full-time staff.
The University’s enrollment exceeds 40,000 students including over
30,000 undergraduates and over 10,000 graduate and professional
students. Academic programs reside in 18 schools and colleges, as
well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the
UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.
About the College/Unit/Department
TRS or ORP
$65,000-$70,000, commensurate with experience
Anticipated Start Date
Effective End Date (for Limited-Term postings)
Job Posting Date
Job Closing Date
Open until filled
Location of Vacancy
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic
information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or
protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or
assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this
search are encouraged to contact Central HR (email@example.com).
Counseling Professional AD
Fiscal (12 mo.)
Psy.D. or Ph.D. from an APA accredited institution
• Doctoral degree in counseling or clinical psychology or a closely
related field from an APA -approved (or equivalent) Psychology
program and an APA approved (or equivalent) internship.
• Must initiate the licensure process before the date of
• Must successfully complete the Examination for Professional
Practice in Psychology ( EPPP ) within six months of hire.
• Licensure eligibility in the State of Georgia (with GA license
acquired within 2 years of start date)
• 2 or more years experience and training in the evaluation and
treatment of individuals whose age and psychological development is
similar to traditional and non-traditional college students.
• Skill and/or interest in preventative psychological education and
• AHA Heartsaver CPR / AED certification required. Can obtain after
Relevant/Preferred Education, Experience, Licensure, and/or
• CPR / AED certification required within the first year of
• 1 year or more of experience working in a college counseling
• 2 or more years working in a multidisciplinary setting.
• Training and 2 years or more of experience working with
individuals from traditionally underserved populations – first
generation, LGBTQIA+, BIPOC, Latinx, rural, veterans
• Training and 2 years or more of experience working in a setting
involved in the training and supervision of counseling and
psychotherapy to students in training or post-graduate
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a
fast-paced work environment.
• Advanced skill with presenting concerns typically seen at a
university counseling service.
• Training and skills in providing telehealth services.
• Ability to demonstrate familiarity with accreditation (JC, APA,
IACS ) requirements and standards.
• Excellent knowledge of and competence working with Point and
Click Solutions OpenSuite or another electronic health
• Ability to multi-task and work on other duties as assigned.
• Skill and/or interest in preventive psychological education and
• Ability to communicate and provide services in more than one
• Passion and commitment to working with and contributing to a
multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary, and multi-theoretical team
providing culturally attuned services and training.
Hearing corrected to normal, corrected visual acuity adequate to
utilize the electronic health record.
Is this a Position of Trust?
Does this position have operation, access, or control of
Does this position require a P-Card?
Is having a P-Card an essential function of this
Is driving a responsibility of this position?
Does this position have direct interaction or care of children
under the age of 18 or direct patient care?
Does this position have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT
security, personnel records, patient records, or access to
chemicals and medications)
Credit and P-Card policy
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with
financial responsibilities. For additional information about the
credit check criteria, visit the
UGA Credit Background Check
Client/Patient Direct and Support Services:
• Clinical evaluation and counseling/psychotherapy to groups,
couples, and individuals, provide crisis counseling, consultation
and limited student outreach.
• Provide clinical supervision of new staff, as well as treatment
planning, coordinating, referral, and documentation.
Percentage Of Time
• Active involvement in all training programs including supervision
of trainees, and educational activities
Percentage Of Time
Outreach and Community Engagement:
• Provide clinical workshops and liaison services to students,
students groups, and member of the UGA community.
Percentage Of Time
Administrative Tasks and Meetings:
• Be an active, respectful, and engaged member of CAPS & UHC
teams and work groups.
• Actively seek to improve services to eligible members of the UGA
• Participate in PI projects.
• Attend staff and other assigned meetings/committees.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Percentage Of Time
Professional Development & Peer Consultation:
• Attend staff and other assigned clinical
Percentage Of Time
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- List of References with Contact Information