Advancement Services Specialist
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent
many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University is seeking an
Advancement Services Specialist to promote our Catholic Franciscan
Mission and Identity by being primarily responsible for prospect
research, data analytics, and running database queries to support
alumni engagement and giving efforts for the Institutional
Advancement Team. Reporting to the Director of Advancement
Operations and Donor Relations, this position also provides support
to ensure database health and integrity to ensure accurate
reporting and assists with gift entry and acknowledgment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of
Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and
honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through
transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through
service, integrating faith and life, and institutional
- Develop, implement and maintain prospect research and data
analytics action plan.
- Use iWave and Blackbaud Target Analytics for prospect
- Provide prospect research profiles as requested by Advancement
- Responsible for routine performance reporting of Advancement
appeals and communications to assist leadership in strategic
- Create queries and reports from the Advancement CRM (Blackbaud
RE/ NXT )
- Implement and manage the matching gifts process, including
contacting donors who indicate an organization match in online
giving forms or appeal cards.
- Supports the Director of Advancement of Operations and Donor
Relations in creating, revising, and maintaining the Blackbaud RE/
NXT structure as it relates to campaigns, funds, appeals, gifts,
online donation forms, etc.
- Assists with and serves as back up for Advancement Operations
Specialist in gift entry and acknowledgment
- Maintain Marian University giving societies records in
Blackbaud RE/ NXT
- Helps maintain and update the database from returned mail,
emails, and other sources in conjunction with the Director of
Advancement Operations and Donor Relations and Advancement
- Maintain membership in APRA (American Prospect Research
Association) and attend available educational opportunities.
- Maintain certification in both Raiser’s Edge 7 and RE- NXT
- Cross-trains with the Advancement Operations Specialist and
Director of Advancement Operations and Donor Relations to ensure
duties are completed during time off.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement
Operations and Donor Relations, the Assistant Vice President of
Advancement Services, or the Senior Vice President of the Office
for Institutional Advancement.
- Knowledge of and a commitment to the mission of Marian
- Adheres to Marian University’s policies and procedures.
- Shows courtesy and respect in interactions with fellow
employees, students subordinates, and supervisors
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department
- Participates in developing department goals, objective, and
- Assists to establish department measurements that align and
support the accomplishment of the University’s strategic
- Adheres to the department budget.
To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To be qualified for this position the candidate must have:
- A college degree (bachelor’s degree preferred) or comparable
- Experience with prospect research.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office products, specifically
Excel and Word.
- Strong database experience (Raiser’s Edge/ NXT preferred) with
entering, importing, and exporting data based on various criteria
for multiple purposes.
- Active listening and collaboration skills to help guide
conversations toward defined objectives.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal guidance or
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Professionalism and high ethical standards for maintaining
Work hours necessary to perform job requirements satisfactorily on
a regular basis. Manage absence from work in responsible manner to
ensure service to clients, work teams, and coworkers. Comply with
Marian University policies and practices and seeking clarification
of them when necessary.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until
the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a
current resume, contact information for three professional
references, and responses to the supplemental mission
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with
disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
equipment, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms;
climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement
before responding to the supplementary questions on your
Quick Link for Internal Postings
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How do you think Marian University’s mission, as well as the
Catholic Franciscan identity, will support your work as a
(Open Ended Question)
- * How will the work you do in your role at Marian University be
different in light of the mission and identity of the
(Open Ended Question)
- * How will you promote the success of those from marginalized
(Open Ended Question)
- * In what ways will your work promote and support
transformational leaders that are trustworthy, healthy, skilled and
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter