Clinical Assistant Professor in Addiction Psychology
Arizona State University
Department of Psychology
The Department of Psychology at Arizona State University invites applications for a Clinical Assistant Professor within the department’s Master’s program in Addiction Psychology (MS AP). The MS in addiction psychology program pairs state-of-the-art research from internationally-recognized experts in addictions with clinical expertise from licensed psychologists and licensed addiction counselors with decades of experience providing addiction treatment. This program prepares students to pursue state licensure and become addiction counselors.
The successful candidate will be expected to: teach courses within the MS AP’s curriculum; assist with the addiction practicum, either by providing supervision within our training clinic or coordinating with external placements; and participate in service to the department, university, and profession as appropriate. The Clinical Assistant Professor position includes the potential for promotion within the Clinical Professor rank. The College values our cultural and intellectual diversity, and continually strives to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of the academic community.
This full-time, benefits-eligible, non-tenure eligible appointment is renewable on a fiscal year basis contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of resources, and the needs of the unit. Anticipated start date is January 2024.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Doctorate in clinical psychology or closely related field from an accredited university at the time of hire
- State-licensed psychologist or license-eligible
- Evidence of experience supervising psychology and/or addiction service providers
- Evidence of effective teaching in a university setting
- Demonstrated commitment to working with faculty, staff, students and communities to advance the principles of the ASU Charter
- On-campus and online teaching experience
- Hold or be eligible for one of the following: state-licensed independent substance abuse counselor, OR Master Addiction Counselor credential through NAADAC, OR board certification through ABPP in Addiction Psychology
- Two years supervisory and service provision experience across diverse clientele
To apply, please submit the following as pdf(s) through Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/133045:
1) A cover letter which describes your interest in the position and how prior knowledge and experience meet the minimum and desired qualifications
2) Curriculum vitae
3) Evidence of teaching experience
4) Three letters of recommendation uploaded by your recommenders to Interfolio directly.
Email and paper applications will not be accepted.
Inquiries concerning the search should be addressed to the Chair of the Search Committee, Matt Meier, at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Clinical Assistant Professor Search” in the subject line when sending
Application deadline is October 25, 2023; if not filled, review will continue every week thereafter until the
search is closed.
Arizona State University is located in the Phoenix/Tempe metropolitan area and offers all of the amenities of a
large urban/winter resort area. Learn more about the Department of Psychology by viewing
https://psychology.asu.edu/ and about what The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences has to offer by viewing
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
(See https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html and https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/.)
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs
and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at
https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf You may request a hard copy of the report by
contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.