Senior Staff Accountant (Reg FT)
Senior Staff Accountant (Reg
: Office of College Services
This position will remain
open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an
interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter
and resume by no later than August 4, 2023. The College cannot
guarantee that application materials received after this date will
be considered or reviewed.
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package.
Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low
out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday
pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other
options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension
system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan
forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including
group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Remote Work Option:
Admin 14 - $52,697
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Supervises and maintains fiscal
procedures related to Plant fund operations and auxiliary
enterprises and is responsible for the analysis and reconciliation
of accounts, cash management and investments. General support and
backup for the Director of Accounting.
Bachelor's degree in accounting or
related field and a minimum of three years experience. Good
accounting knowledge and analytical skills.
1. Downloads monthly bank statements from bank.
2. Prepares and submits portions of the financial statements for
Board of Trustees meeting and financial reports.
3. Performs monthly allocation of indirect costs and fiscal
charges, prepares journal entry, and performs analysis of final
year-end allocation of indirect costs.
4. Performs yearly reconciliation of petty cash at each
5. Oversees and coordinates yearly fixed asset inventory counts at
6. Prepares calculations and journal entries for capitalization of
fixed assets, writes off old assets and prepares journal entries
for depreciation expense.
7. Coordinates with Director of Purchasing, IT, and campus
receivers, and creates an analysis of gains and losses, records
journal entry for disposals of surplus sale fixed assets.
8. Reviews daily bank activity. Performs wire transfers, processes
void checks, obtains check images, uploads ACH echecks and positive
pay check file, and performs stop payments.
9. Reports daily cash activity on cash flow report.
10. Prepares journal entries for banking activity.
11. Communicates with banks regarding questions and problems.
12. Maintains fixed assets; coordinates with campuses for periodic
review of fixed assets.
13. Prepares fixed asset transfer reports for the campuses.
14. Coordinates, prepares, and submits annual unclaimed property
returns to the various authorities for the bursar, payroll, and
accounts payable departments.
15. Participates in Risk Assessment, Tool, Finance and Auxiliary
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Current criminal record/child abuse
clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to
be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania
Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal
Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal
Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to
obtain these clearances and are available here.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: