The Program Specialist is responsible for coordinating, engaging in, and providing oversight of projects, budgets, processes, and the policies and procedures essential to the success of global and departmental programs.
- Admissions support: screening applicants, producing reports, and supporting the Admissions Committee and Assistant Dean with the annual admissions process.
- Intersession Event Management: coordinate the Summer and Winter Intersessions in collaboration with the Graduate School Event Coordinator and other campus partners, including coordinating housing, vendor management, scheduling, student support, facilitator support, onsite support, and travel arrangements.
- Support St. Jude Graduate School faculty engaged with the MSc GCH program with scheduling, planning, and offering required GCH courses;
- Coordinate with SJGS faculty and the SJGS instructional design team, including preparing and maintaining materials needed by the Instructional Designer for courses in the Canvas LMS.
- Work with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital partners and stakeholders to identify and secure resources necessary for curriculum delivery (e.g., Biomedical Library, Information Services, Strategic Communication, Education, and Outreach).
- Maintain, tracking, and updating the GCH program academic calendar, including organizing meetings and providing documentation;
- Organize program-level events and workshops for students and/or faculty, including organizing guest lecturer visits.
- Maintain and update all required forms [e.g., thesis committee and meeting forms, student progress forms, intent to graduate forms], ensuring timely form submissions, and communicating associated requirements to students and faculty.
- Oversee the membership, scheduling, and communications surrounding GCH program standing committees.
- Work closely with students and faculty to act as a first point of contact regarding administrative questions or needs;
- Provide administrative support directly to the program Associate Dean(s) in their roles as Graduate School Academic Officers.
- Assist the Assistant and Associate Deans with designing evaluation measures, assessment metrics, and data gathering.
- Assist the Assistant Dean and Graduate School Recruiter in planning and hosting recruitment events, sending communications to potential applicants to the program, and responding to applicants’ queries.
Minimum Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum Requirement: 1+ years of experience in program coordination.
- Some experience/knowledge in working with project planning tools like MS Project, Microsoft SharePoint, ServiceNow, Smartsheet, Clarity, Planview, and MS Office is a plus.
St. Jude is an Equal Opportunity Employer