Position Type: Adjunct Faculty Pool- Nursing (NRS)
Salary: $945 per load hour (most courses are 3-4 load
Job List: External
Close Date: Multiple positions available- open until filled with
the first review date 7/24/23
About Pima Community College
At Pima Community College, we believe that every role is vital to
achieve student success and meet the diverse needs of our students
and community. Pima Community College is committed to diversity,
equity, inclusion, and social justice. We value the diversity of
our workforce and seek to attract, hire, and support employees who
consistently and actively embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We are intentional about social justice and addressing issues of
equity and inclusion, as well as institutional, structural, and
environmental inequity, power, and privilege. See our Diversity
website for additional information about our commitment.
Pima Community College’s Division of Health Professions is
currently accepting applications to expand the pool of qualified
Nursing adjunct faculty to teach academic level courses for the
2023 - 24 academic year and beyond. Candidates may be hired and
assigned to specific courses or may be included in a pool for
potential future assignments based on enrollment.
Part-time/temporary faculty positions offer flexible hours and the
opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in
achieving their educational goals. Instructors in these courses
will be using active learning strategies, online resources, and
will provide equitable instruction for our students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct students in the content area and work with them on
strategies to help them achieve academic success.
- Follow established protocols for presence, responsiveness,
grading, attendance taking, and assessment of student
- Use current, effective classroom management techniques.
- Monitor and continuously improve instruction to ensure Student
Learning Outcomes are met in a classroom, discipline/program, and
- Evaluate student performance.
- Continually improve instruction utilizing appropriate delivery
- Maintain competency and currency in the teaching field(s), as
well as in teaching strategies, subject delivery modalities, and
- Work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students and
utilize a collegial style in all forms of communication.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Experience teaching Nursing courses
- Experience teaching online courses and/or alternative
- Experience using a Learning Management System, preferably D2L
- Student learning styles: ability to adapt and modify
instruction based on the instructional needs of students, including
working with accommodations and accessibility
- Evaluation of students' educational progress: ability to
maintain high instruction and learning standards and assess
students' academic progress in meeting course objectives and
student learning outcomes
- Competencies in diversity and inclusion: knowledge of diverse
community college student populations, and the ability to address
diversity in effective instructional practice and student
Minimum qualifications requirements for faculty positions are
governed by our faculty qualification standards. This position is
in an Academic discipline and requires the following to obtain Pima
Community College teaching certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and recent direct patient care
experience of three years or more OR a Master’s Degree in
Nursing and recent direct patient care experience of two years or
- Current, unencumbered Arizona or compact state RN license.
- Provide current CPR Healthcare Provider certification card
through the American Heart Association.
- Demonstrated experience with instruction of students in a
higher learning environment, pre-licensure nursing program (i.e.
clinical, skills, classroom, or simulation).
Other requirements include:
- Submit clinical eligibility items including, but not limited
to, a variety of immunizations and a health physical.
Adjunct faculty on contract qualify for a tuition and fee waiver
for PCC courses taken, as well as their spouse and qualifying
child(ren). If a course contract is offered, benefits such as sick
leave will be provided as required by law. No other
College-provided benefits will be offered, such as holiday pay,
annual leave, etc.
Temporary employees who work twenty (20) or more hours per week for
more than nineteen (19) weeks in a fiscal year are required to
participate in one of the following retirement plans: Arizona State
Retirement System (ASRS) or the Optional Retirement Plan
Directions for Applying and Other Important
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must include
the documents that are listed within the application form as
required. Follow the directions in the application form to upload
your documents. At a minimum, these documents are required:
- Resume . This should be up to date and include any gaps
- Letter of interest or cover letter (not to exceed two
pages). Please describe your related knowledge, skills, abilities,
and experience and the strengths you would bring to the
- Diversity Statement. In one page or less, please share
your experience working with diverse student populations and how
that informs your teaching practice and/or philosophy.
- Copies of unofficial transcripts. that support your
qualifications as listed above. If selected for further
consideration, official transcripts will be required.
- Current, unencumbered Arizona or compact state RN
Degrees and courses qualifying for Pima Community College teaching
certification must be from a regionally accredited college or
university. Applicants currently in progress for a degree or
additional coursework to meet the minimum qualifications must have
the degree conferred and/or coursework prior to an offer to
A degree from any college outside of the United States (even if the
transcript is in English) may need to be evaluated by a foreign
transcript evaluation service. Pima Community College requires that
applicants use an evaluation agency that is a member of NACES.
Before ordering an evaluation, check with the Faculty
Qualifications and Hiring Office to confirm whether you will need
to complete this step.
Note: Pima Community College does not sponsor any employment visas
for this position at this time.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please
. Office hours are normally Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00