Home Org Name
Athletic Ticket Office
Director Intercollegiate Athletics
Assistant Director, Ticket Sales & Retention
Job Class Code
Limited Term Length
Auburn University Athletics is excited to begin the search for
an Assistant Director of Ticket Sales & Retention!
individual will serve as an active member of the outbound ticket
sales team for Auburn University Athletics. The Coordinator of
Ticket Sales is responsible for selling a full menu of ticket
options to athletics events and soliciting contributions to Tigers
Why should YOU
consider a career with Auburn University?
- Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the
state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an
average of ten years!
- Competitive employee benefits + state retirement plan.
- Tuition assistance for you and your dependents.
- Generous leave policies (including paid parental leave!)
- The satisfaction of knowing YOU are a part of providing the
premier academic experience at Auburn and the life-changing work
our students and employees perform.
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and
thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-for-auburn.
It’s a Lifestyle:
The Auburn/Opelika area is a page right
out of Southern Living magazine with an idyllic small-town feel,
perfecting a unique balance between a close-knit community and
driving consistent growth and development. Paralleling the
exponential growth of Auburn University, the Auburn/Opelika area
boasts services and amenities that cater to any interest. We’re
proud of our top school systems, city services, award-winning
restaurants, and the infectious spirit of life in a college town.
You can find us nestled halfway between the beach and the mountains
in a lower-cost-of-living area, two hours outside of Atlanta or
Birmingham. If you’re new to Auburn, we’d love to introduce you. If
you’re already acquainted with Auburn, we’ll keep it simple: it’s
time to come home!
Auburn University is committed to a diverse
and inclusive campus environment. Visit auburn.edu/inclusion to
learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion
- Conducts daily outbound calls and touch points to prospects for
full season, mini plans, group, and single game tickets for
football, men’s and women’s basketball, baseball, softball and
- Calls current and previous ticket buyers and cold-calls new
leads to generate sales.
- Cultivates current and past groups and new prospects to
- Contacts area businesses, youth organizations, and other large
groups to promote the group ticket program.
- Works all home football game days and other athletic home
events as determined by the Manager for Ticket Sales and Assistant
Athletics Director for Ticketing to service ticket buyers.
- Achieves and exceeds weekly, monthly, and annual sales goals by
performing daily outbound calls and setting face-to-face meetings
- Provides superior customer service to prospects, ticket buyers
and donors throughout the season.
- Develops relationships across the department within all Auburn
Athletics external units and Tigers Unlimited Foundation.
- Works closely with the Manager of Tickets sales to create new
revenue generating ideas. Job requires ability to work a flexible
schedule, including weekends, holidays, and evening hours.
- May need the ability to travel as needed to complete job duties
and responsibilities. May perform other duties as assigned.
2 years of experience in ticket sales, or customer service
Minimum Skills, License, and Certifications
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Minimum Technology Skills
Minimum License and Certifications
- Communicate effectively with others verbally and in
- Pay attention to the minute details of a project or task;
- Show consideration for and maintain good relationships with
- Knowledge of sales and customer services best practices and
demonstrated track record in sales and building quality
- Experience preferred with a major Division 1 university or
Posting Detail Information
Working Hours if Non-Traditional
City position is located in:
State position is located:
List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus
environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with
disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment
opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex,
religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or any other classification protected by applicable
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postings
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select how you first became aware of this opportunity.
Your response helps us determine how we can more effectively reach
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- The Tuskegee News
- Professional organization or journal
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- State Employment Service
- Social Media
- AU Job Bulletin
- Notified by an Auburn employee
- College or university Career Services
- I went to the AU Employment Website directly
- * Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University:
- Current full-time Auburn or AUM employee within probationary
- Current full-time Auburn or AUM employee outside of
- Current part-time Auburn or AUM employee
- Not an Auburn or AUM employee
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited
- Will obtain within 6 months
- * Do you have 2 years of experience in ticket sales or customer